Senior Pricing Analyst
This is an exceptional time to join the Aviva defined benefits solutions Strategic Deal Team. With continued market growth as defined benefit pension scheme trustees and employers de-risk their balance sheets, the bulk annuity business is a key area of growth for Aviva. We believe our brand, financial strength, asset origination capability and pricing advantage and corporate relationships offerings as well as our in-house administration perfection, ideally place us to be a partner of choice for our clients.
With this is opportunity to join our Strategic Deal Team in London, you’ll be working with a multi-disciplined team of professionals, on a portfolio of high-value transactions and have a real opportunity to make a difference to our clients who are seeking to de-risk their defined benefit pension scheme.
We are looking for new a confident, senior analyst to develop and implement de-risking solutions on defined benefit pension schemes, collaborating across the wider Aviva network and deliver compelling, commercial results for the client and Aviva. We expect and hope you will be highly motivated with the drive to challenge and determine what we do and secure that we meet our goals as a team.
What will be your duties & responsibilities?
* Supporting Deal and Pricing Managers in the development and implementation of de-risking solutions for defined benefit pension schemes
* A primarily focus on working with larger/more complex transactions but supporting our smaller core deal team when required
* Collaborating with different parts of the business to develop Aviva’s proposition - including Aviva Investors, Risk, Pricing, Reporting and Structuring, and Reinsurance
* Ensuring deal prices are accurate and commercially priced in line with Aviva pricing and governance processes and delivered to agreed timescales
* Applying technical and commercial judgement in establishing the deal price (and related information) and provide supporting analysis/commentary to Deal and Pricing Managers
* Maintaining and developing ongoing relationships with clients
* Supporting the preparation of internal governance documentation and presentation materials
* Collaborating with other teams across Aviva network to craft effective solutions
* Developing junior analysts through day-to-day mentorship, training and demonstration of high standards/excellent behaviours
* This role will require flexible working hours due to the nature of this business
What skills & experiences are required?
* Strong knowledge of UK Defined Benefit pensions and legislation
* Nearly/newly qualified actuary making excellent progress through the exams or equivalent actuarial/technical experience
* Proven ability to apply technical actuarial and commercial judgement
* General knowledge of actuarial cash flow modelling and experience of sense checking essential
* Specific experience of bulk annuity modelling and pricing an advantage
* Experience of mentoring junior team members is an advantage
* Strong communication skills; ability to present technical information clearly and build relationships with internal/external customers
* Strong personal drive; to challenge and influence processes and ensure we deliver great outcomes for clients.
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary of up to £65,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You can download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625