Our success to date can be attributed to our focus on recruitment and development of similarly minded, hard-working team members, who share our goals and aspirations and actively work to help us achieve them. In return, we offer training and career development, within an environment of mutual respect and cooperation – the result being that the highest possible standards of care are provided for our residents.
Chestnut House Care Home is part of a Group of 19 Care Homes who have a focus on moments of joy and happiness at the heart of caring. Our mission is to enable people to have an independent future supported by a lovely, fully trained staff.
We are looking for an individual who shares our values and our vision. A caring heart and "Can do" attitude who has a creative flair, embraces challenges and finds solutions.
The Job Role – Assistant Activities Coordinator (22 hours per week)
The successful applicant will assist the Activities Coordinator who occupies a unique position in the caring environment of the Home with the freedom of planning and action to ensure interest, diligence, originality, perseverance and patience. The post holder must also possess skills of diplomacy to be able to persuade reluctant Residents to participate in the planned activities and equally important, to persuade other staff in the Home to participate as volunteer helpers for outings and other outdoor activities. Some of the main duties of the role include:
- To build good relationships with our Residents that help them adjust to life in a care home.
- Work with Residents, their friends and family members, to build individual lifestyle histories and, using these, create ongoing plans in our electronic Resident records, ensuring these are updated daily to evidence delivery
- Review the activity plan with involvement from the Resident and relatives and adjust where required
- Create a schedule of meaningful occupation for each Resident, personalised to their likes, dislikes, needs and abilities, helping them to try new experiences and continue to take part in the hobbies and activities that they enjoy
- Create and maintain a schedule of group activities tailored to residents to run alongside one-to-one sessions, enabling residents to take part in communal activities as well as individual hobbies as per their wishes
Rewards and Benefits:
- Satisfaction of knowing you bring purpose to the lives of people living in our Home
- Free meal when working a long day
- Free onsite parking
- Career progression opportunities
- Full training and on-going support
- Opportunity to express ideas and be part of a dynamic team
The ideal candidate for the role will:
- Have a warm and friendly approach which is respectful and professional
- Have a passion for caring for the elderly and their families
- Have the ability to deliver the highest standards of social and cultural activities to our Residents
- Be a good team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have excellent communication and listening skills