What you'll do
- Work with product managers to identify and technically assess experiments
- Design solutions that fit in with our overall technical stack
- Peer review and quality check work to make sure we have beautifully crafted code
- Help, teach and mentor junior members of the team
- Continue to develop your coding abilities and learn new skills
- Write technical specs and developer documentation
- Plan and estimate development work
What we're looking for
- A good degree or formal training (coding bootcamp) in a computing field
- 2+ years experience coding gained through employment
- Experience of ad tech: DFP and best practice setup, header bidding and working with multiple providers; optimising ad revenue, reducing impact on page speed, protecting against attacks/malware/phishing
- Experience developing desktop, mobile and responsive websites
- A drive to deliver high quality, right first time code
- A good eye for design detail and finesse
- Experience working with : Git / Mac OS / Linux
It’d be nice if you had
- Experience of PHP / Rails / Java
- Experience managing / mentoring junior developers
- Experience working for an online publishing organisation
This role is envisaged as full-time and based in our offices in Kentish Town, however we're happy to consider flexible options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with users offering each other advice and support 24/7 (as well as more content, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensably useful for parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 19-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy - http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy - and our improved parental leave policies - https://www.mumsnet.com/jobs/mumsnets-parental-policies. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV, links to your portfolio and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is: 20th July 2019.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!