Kitchen Porter(11 hours)
Our group of care homes was founded more than 20 years ago. We are proud of the culture we have developed, which provides a supportive work environment where our team members feel valued and part of the Future Care family.
Our success to date can be attributed to our focus on recruitment and development of similarly minded, hard-working team members, who share our goals and aspirations and actively work to help us achieve them. In return, we offer training and career development, within an environment of mutual respect and cooperation – the result being that the highest possible standards of care are provided for our residents.
Would you like to work within a company who is supportive and believes that your future matters? - If you have passion for food and providing excellent customer service, we would like to hear from you.
Right now we have a Kitchen Porter vacancy. The vacancy is for 11 hours per week and may suit a college student as additional hours may be available during holiday times at
Oaklands House Care Home, Allington Road, Southampton, SO30 3HP
The Job Role
The Kitchen Porter will work under the direction of the Chef/Manager to provide a high standard of catering. Some of the main duties include:
- To assist in the preparation of meals.
- To follow the cleaning schedule set down for the kitchen and related areas.
- To participate in any training, as required
- To operate the dishwasher and wash utensils not suited to the dish washing machine.
- To ensure the safety of the kitchen and other members of staff and report any defective equipment to the Head Cook immediately.
- To undertake any other reasonable tasks, as required; e.g., taking the refreshment trolley around the Home to dispense refreshments and snack to Residents.
Rewards and Benefits:
- Free onsite parking
- Friendly team and very supportive Manager
- Competitive rates of pay
- Full training and Induction programme for all staff.
- Working with Buddy and Mentor experience
- Fully funded apprenticeship programme available with opportunity to develop your career
- Full time, part- time, Days and Nights Shifts available.
- Great opportunities for promotion.
The ideal candidate will have
- A caring and compassionate nature.
- Willingness to learn.
- Enjoy a challenging role that would be rewarding and satisfying.