If you are a confident analytics professional looking to enrich your career in business operations, this role could be the one for you!
Aviva's Investment Operations team is looking for an Operations Analyst to join them in York. The business relies on this team to ensure that customers' money is invested in the right areas, that the data is accurate and that the money can be withdrawn when necessary. We are also responsible for validating and reporting the value of investment assets to the wider business and to regulatory bodies.
Effective performance reporting and business insights are essential to running operations effectively, so you will play a meaningful role in the success of the team. You will need to be driven, professional, conscientious and able to support your colleagues in meeting the team’s overall responsibilities as well as your own. It's a great chance to create excellent working relationships with your team and other colleagues throughout the business, including senior leaders.
Role and Responsibilities
* Reporting on the business risk and controls environment across Investment Operations within the established Operational Risk & Control Management framework.
* Testing processes, controls & End User Computing models (EUC)’s against applicable policies and business standards.
* Assisting with audits and other internal governance & oversight activity.
* Supporting the running and administration of the regular meetings of the various forums that make up the governance framework.
* Supporting reviews of unit pricing policies.
* Working with the Customer Operations teams to remediate policyholders adversely impacted by unit pricing errors.
* Conducting data analysis and reporting on key performance metrics to stakeholders within the business and its internal customers.
* Supporting the development of management information reports and models.
* Performing and reporting on key governance activities required to ensure Investment Operations’ third-party suppliers and outsourced services are managed according to contractual obligations, applicable business standards and best practice.
* Contributing towards the continuous improvement of operational systems and processes.
Skills and Experience
* Strong analytical skills developed from proven experience in operational/data/business analytics.
* Preferably educated to bachelor's degree level.
* Proficiency in numeracy and problem solving.
* Organised and confident in managing your own time.
* Able to work efficiently and effectively without compromising on accuracy.
* Excellent communication and relationship management capabilities.
* Understanding of financial markets and/or risk management would be an advantage.
What will you get for this role?
* An annual salary of £22,000 - £29,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button.
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.