Regulatory Approvals Administrator
The Regulatory Approvals Team is unusual within Aviva, there is no other team like us! We are responsible for the ‘fit and proper’ assessment of regulated and certified individuals across our UK and Ireland businesses. Would you like to join a friendly and respected team like this?
We are looking for a methodical and organised Regulatory Approvals Administrator to join us. It's a dynamic role incorporating administration, relationship management and compliance-focused responsibilities. You will build vital relationships with people who have applied for a regulated or certified role, colleagues from across the business and external third-party firms and suppliers.
In this position, you shall have the opportunity to demonstrate your excellent attention to detail; meticulously checking facts and asking questions to weigh up information and make accurate assessments for the recruitment process. If you love delivering the best service possible and want to take personal responsibility for your own workload, this could be an excellent position for you.
What will you do in this role?
* Be responsible for pre-employment screening which includes conducting a number of different checks on individuals who have applied to work in roles regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) or Central Bank of Ireland (CBI)
* Work as part of a small, busy team, manage a variety of administrative responsibilities and meet strict timescales
* Contact colleagues, candidates and external suppliers directly to keep them updated on the progress of applications
* Identify and raise any adverse information that may come to light in the course of the vetting process
* Prepare financial services references and annually monitor regulated and certified individuals to ensure that key functions are being conducted to regulatory standards
Full training will be given but ideally you will be familiar with recruitment processes and/or the financial services regulatory environment in the UK/Ireland.
What skills and experience do you need?
* Proven experience of working in an administrative or service function within an office - preferably within financial services, recruitment or compliance/governance
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, you are not afraid to question others when necessary
* Strong attention to detail and comfortable working in a methodical way with minimal supervision
* A positive attitude to work and a natural curiosity to identify improvements
* Good organisation and prioritisation skills - you can be flexible and able to manage a varied workload
What will you get for this role?
* A starting salary of £17,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.