Internal Communications and Engagement Manager
Internal Communications and Engagement Manager
Position: Internal Communications and Engagement Manager
Job Type: Temporary - 10 month maternity cover.
Start Date: To be discussed at interview
Hours: Full Time or Part time (4-5 days per week)
Salary: Up to £30,000 (dependent on experience) + benefits
About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Communications Lead to join our TV Licensing Partnership based in Darwen. As an Internal Communications Lead you will coordinate and manage communications within the function whilst linking closely with your colleagues in the wider business and the local Communications Team. With proven experience working at a senior level, and in a cross-functional business, you will be the communications expert supporting senior stakeholders in communication planning and delivery across a portfolio of projects. You will have previous experience in coordinating internal communication plans, shaping messages for varied audiences and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will be working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, the Divisional Communication’s Team and other engagement professionals across our business to ensure messages are aligned so we are a collaborative and connected organisation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Building and delivering the communication strategy for the partnership through existing channels whilst ensuring the messages are linked to the vision and strategy.
- Support the promotion and communication of People Surveys, including studying the results and building post-survey action plans to drive engagement.
- Ensure campaigns are coordinated and planned into a calendar of events.
- Promote an environment that has our customer’s experience, performance excellence and employee engagement at its core.
- Work and contribute to key internal campaigns around recognition programmes, people communications and leadership events.
- Working cross-functionally with Senior Teams on key campaigns across the Division and within the Function to provide a joined up approach.
To achieve this, you will be able to:
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communication channels ensuring complex messages are suitable for the intended audience.
- Manage the development and delivery of creative, effective, and innovative communication plans across multiple audiences.
- Work closely with different departments across the business to source positive or interesting internal news to build employee engagement.
- Support the business in identifying and planning initiatives that will support its vision, strategy and goals.
- Manage communication channels ensuring they are accurate and maintained.
- Provide communications advice to the various business units and stakeholders as required.
- Ensure all colleagues are informed of business updates; keeping the messaging appropriate, whilst cascading them in a timely and effective way.
- Manage multiple internal stakeholders across different teams and levels of seniority.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the success of communications activities to deliver continuous improvement.
- Create communications to support corporate engagement such as survey participation and recognition schemes.
Your previous experience/skills will include:
- Experience of working in an internal communications role.
- You will have proven success in delivering targets and objectives, plus be knowledgeable of the key role communications has within community engagement.
- Own and manage internal communication plans for key campaigns.
- Being able to source information and create compelling stories with a creative flair whilst communicating at all levels.
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of working at a senior level within a business and alongside senior managers.
- Working in a matrix organisation across both office based and remote workforces.
- Being able to work across different programmes of work simultaneously.
- Excellent Communication, presentation skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Resilient, whilst working under your own autonomy and prioritising your own work load to balance conflicting needs.
- Highly customer focused with the capability to work to tight deadlines in a changing and dynamic environment responding to changing priorities quickly.
About Capita | Customer Management
Capita Customer Management is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal, financial and journalism background check.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Capita TV Licensing is a Disability Confident employer. Should you have any queries, or require any adjustments to facilitate you in the selection process of this role please include as part of you overall application.