Environments Manager - offering flexible-working options
2 days left
Our flexible working environment
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Where are are based
We are based in the Triangle Building at the heart of the Shaftesbury Road site. We provide a beautiful, bright workspace in the heart of a bustling brand new complex. Situated just a 10 minute walk away from Cambridge Central station, 5 minutes from major bus routes for Cambridge city center and a 10 minute drive to the M11 for connections by road to surrounding areas.
A little bit more about us
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We are seeking an experienced Environments Manager to own our complex and essential Integrated Test Environments. You will have responsibility for leading a team of engineers, developing their skills and helping them to reach their full potential. You will relish the challenge of finding solutions to the impossible and enhancing the reputation of your department, as there will be lots of opportunities to build trusted relationships with senior stakeholders across the business.
The Integrated Test Environments enable new or enhanced IT systems to be thoroughly tested prior to being released into Production, making them integral to the success of projects of all sizes. As Environments Manager you will run the environment service, orchestrate the operations of the test environments, and continuously evolve its capabilities to meet changing needs.
As a result, this position would suit someone that is naturally well-organised and calm under pressure. Project management experience would be a definite advantage. You will also have the chance to learn from the existing Environments Manager during your on boarding, enabling you to make significant strategic contributions and shape the future of the service early in your Cambridge Assessment career.
What you'll be doing
- Run the end to end Environments Service from managing the environments calendar, chairing the governance board meetings and contributing to the operational board meetings, through to managing the RAID log and producing the Environment Services management reports. You will also contribute to the cost management of the Integrated Test Environments, liaising with business and IT stakeholders at all levels whilst managing issues, risks and dependencies proactively and escalate issues appropriately.
- Management of the Non-Production Integrated Test Environments is key to success, as you will work to ensure they are fit for purpose, available for use, and defects are resolved in a timely manner.
- Working closely with Centres of Excellence you will ensure applications are well maintained, in addition to ensuring unrequired systems are decommissioned.
- You will orchestrate data refreshes for the Integrated Test Environments and define, update and communicate an approved 3-year Environments Strategy that articulates the current and future capabilities of the Environments Service.
- Define, update and communicate the Governance policies, processes, roles and responsibilities associated with the Integrated Test Environments
A little bit about you
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience and practical knowledge
- ITIL qualification desirable but not essential
- Project Management qualification desirable but not essential
- Experience working in an Environment Management role using integrated SAP and non-SAP systems
- Experience of managing large projects is desirable
- Good understanding of Service Management processes
- Ability to present the benefits and rationale of the service
- Experience of working collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams, with a focus on delivery
- Experience of working with 3rd party vendors using an offshore model
- A strong understanding of middleware and automation technologies from both a technical and service perspective, specifically developing environment strategies and deployment plans and methods
- Use of defect tracking systems, version control systems and monitoring systems
Your transferable skills
- Demonstrates a passion for Environment Management
- Demonstrable pro-activity in resolving issues and enhancing supportability of Environments
- Ensuring own skills and knowledge of the industry are up to date through informal and formal learning
- Acting as a role-model and proactive member of the IS community
- Proactively contributing to the continuous development of the organisation
- Sets a high performance standard
- Can evidence possession of corporate values of openness, innovation & improvement, collaboration and responsibility
- Can stay calm in high pressured situations
- Inspires confidence
- Experienced communicator with the ability to communicate effectively along vertical and horizontal planes internally and externally