Customer Support Knowledge Manager - flexible-working options
Our flexible working environment
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Where are are based
We are based in the Triangle Building at the heart of the Shaftesbury Road site. We provide a beautiful, bright workspace in the heart of a bustling brand new complex. Situated just a 10 minute walk away from Cambridge Central station, 5 minutes from major bus routes for Cambridge city center and a 10 minute drive to the M11 for connections by road to surrounding areas.
A little bit more about us
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
The Customer Support team is responsible for providing outstanding levels of service to all of Cambridge English's customers including exam candidates and the exam centres who help them. As Customer Support Knowledge Manager you'll be making sure that those customers have access to excellent quality online help content when they need it.
You'll also make sure that our fantastic team of support agents have the information they need to support customers by keeping our internal knowledge base optimised with up to date, easy-to-find content. You'll be joining a dynamic and forward-thinking team where you'll have the opportunity to develop your skills and advance your career.
What you’ll be doing
As Knowledge Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Creating and coordinating the creation of online content. Making sure that customer support agents and customers have access to the information they need. You'll be working with experts across the business to draft high quality, visually engaging help documentation.
- Defining the format and style guidelines for our online support content. Ensuring that the support information we publish is consistently beautiful as well as helpful. You'll also need to make sure that our help content meets the needs of our international customer base; it needs to be easy to read, simple to follow and grammatically accurate (English is in our name!)
- Serving the correct content at the correct time.Reviewing site usage and search data to ensure that support information is successfully meeting our customers' needs. You'll identify where content can be improved and find the gaps where new content could be created. You'll also manage the structure of our online knowledge bases to make navigating and searching for the correct answer as easy as possible.
- Proactively seeking out areas for improvement and new ways of working. Exploring new ways to serve content to customers, such as through automation and contextual help. You'll need to be willing to challenge existing processes and implement new ways of working to keep us as efficient and successful as possible.
What we are looking for
- Experience producing customer-facing content/documentation, ideally help/FAQ content, ideally in an online format.
- Experience of working collaboratively with others, coordinating completion of tasks to schedule.
- Excellent written English.
- Confident writing and editing online documentation using a content management system or similar technology.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Great relationship building skills.
- An understanding of how to produce and present data to influence decision making and quantify the success of our content.
- Desirable - working knowledge of SEO/Google Analytics.
- Desirable (could be learned on the job) - knowledge of learning management systems such as Moodle.
- Customer focus. Passionate about delivering the best possible experience to our customers.
- Adaptability and resilience. Calm and methodical; able to work efficiently under pressure whilst juggling multiple priorities.
- Collaboration. Working well with team mates and colleagues in other countries and other departments across Cambridge Assessment.
- Proactive. Working innovatively to keep improving our processes and content. Taking responsibility for the tasks assigned