Operations Team Leader - offering flexible-working options
Our flexible working environment
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Where are are based
We are based in the Triangle Building at the heart of the Shaftesbury Road site. We provide a beautiful, bright workspace in the heart of a bustling brand new complex. Situated just a 10 minute walk away from Cambridge Central station, 5 minutes from major bus routes for Cambridge city center and a 10 minute drive to the M11 for connections by road to surrounding areas.
A little bit more about us
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
People. Processes. Teamwork. Career progression in a friendly and professional team for someone looking to get into line-management. A new and exciting challenge for someone who already line-manages.
Test Production is a department within Operations. We are a community of dedicated colleagues that relies on each other to help out, inspire, think outside the box, laugh and celebrate together
We manage the administration and production of question paper material. We work closely with and support subject experts. What we do is important and we are passionate about exceeding our own and our customers' expectations.
You don't need to have previous experience of working in our business or area. You will be joining a strong team and we are happy to train and support you in what we do.
Your daily focus will be administration and organising your team to deliver high quality multiple choice question paper items to schedule. You will also be focused on developing your team through role modelling great behaviours and attitudes.
What we are looking for
Whilst one aspect of this role is management, we do not require you to have any previous experience in this. What we do require is a highly organised people person with a great attitude, confidence and a willingness to learn.
What you'll be doing
- Ensuring the accurate and timely production of multiple-choice assessment material in-line with agreed schedules and quality standards.
- The leadership and management of a team of a small team of staff. Developing them to realise their potential and exceed expectations. This would involve responsibility for: day-to-day line management; managing staff development and support; performance reviews
- The maintenance of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. To produce the best assessment materials on time requires strong and constant collaboration. You would be expected to create and maintain an environment where productive relationships with all stakeholders are the norm.
A little bit about you
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organisational skills
- Analytical with reasoned decision making
- Able to receive and act upon feedback as well as provide high-quality feedback to others
- Role modelling
- People development
- Process development
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel
Your transferable skills
- Detailed planning and organisation of administrative tasks
- Designing and implementing process improvement
- Delivery of varying workloads to agreed schedules and quality standards
- Collaborative and people-centric. It's a team effort.
- Thoughtful and proactive. Great plans, strongly executed.
- Composed, present and resilient. You'll be a role model and a leader.