Administrative Officer - offering flexible-working options
Our flexible working environment
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Where are are based
We are based in the Triangle Building at the heart of the Shaftesbury Road site. We provide a beautiful, bright workspace in the heart of a bustling brand new complex. Situated just a 10 minute walk away from Cambridge Central station, 5 minutes from major bus routes for Cambridge city center and a 10 minute drive to the M11 for connections by road to surrounding areas.
A little bit more about us
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
The Research Division conducts and publishes authoritative research in order to improve and develop Cambridge Assessment's products and services, and to influence thinking and policy on education, curriculum and assessment. We research a wide range of issues working with colleagues across the Group and in partnerships, particularly with Cambridge University Press, to provide a sound evidence base for education products and services.
We are currently looking for an administrative officer for approximately 9 months starting 2 nd September 2019. The vacancy has arisen as a colleague will be on sabbatical.
The jobholder will have responsibility for providing administrative support. The main focus of this role is managing our research outputs.
What you'll be doing
Your principal accountabilities will be to:
- Ensure that the division's research outputs are stored, organised and shared appropriately externally and internally.
- Organise a programme of internal seminars, and organise administrative arrangements for the division's attendance at courses and conferences.
- Contribute to the production of reports, papers and articles through proofing and editing.
- Conduct general administration: maintain key administrative spreadsheets, assist with divisional data capture, general administrative duties and PA work as required.
What we're looking for
- First Degree (desirable).
Skills and behaviours
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Organisational skills
- Highly competent user of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to learn quickly to use new software (e.g. bibliographic, website content management).
- Good spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Proofreading desirable