Development Manager - offering flexible-working options
Our flexible working environment
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Where are are based
We are based in the Triangle Building at the heart of the Shaftesbury Road site. We provide a beautiful, bright workspace in the heart of a bustling brand new complex. Situated just a 10 minute walk away from Cambridge Central station, 5 minutes from major bus routes for Cambridge city center and a 10 minute drive to the M11 for connections by road to surrounding areas.
A little bit more about us
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We are looking for a Development Manager to join our expanding team. We are a collaborative and supportive team and are looking for people who are willing to share their experience as well as learn and develop within the team. This post is a maternity cover to start from August 2019 for one year.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Qualifications Development team within Cambridge Assessment International Education. Our dynamic team develops and reviews qualifications taken in 160 countries, including IGCSE and International A Levels.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead on the development of qualifications.
- Be responsible for the project management, delivery of a specific portfolio of qualification syllabuses and sample assessments to time, quality and budget.
- Lead on specific aspects of the work of your immediate team to improve customer experience.
- Liaising on behalf of the team with colleagues, managing external consultants and stakeholder relationships.
- Budget and time management.
A little bit about you
- Be educated at least to degree level (or equivalent)
- Have a background in either assessment, teaching or publishing
- Have previous experience of creating high quality documents for publication
- Have excellent experience of managing projects in the educational sector
- A background in either Mathematics, Science, Computing or ICT subjects is essential
- International teaching experience is an advantage
- You should have a background in either teaching a school-level STEM subjects or qualifications or assessment, or publishing related to these subjects.
Your transferable skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good eye for detail
- Enjoy working within a team
- Confidence, influencing skills and initiative
- Be able to run your own complex projects