Section Chef - offering flexible-working options
2 days left
Our flexible working environment
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work.
Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Where are are based
We are based in the Triangle Building at the heart of the Shaftesbury Road site. We provide a beautiful, bright workspace in the heart of a bustling brand new complex. Situated just a 10 minute walk away from Cambridge Central station, 5 minutes from major bus routes for Cambridge city center and a 10 minute drive to the M11 for connections by road to surrounding areas.
A little bit more about us
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and qualified Chef with 5* catering and hospitality experience to join a dynamic and customer focused catering team working to produce and deliver excellent services to all Cambridge Assessment staff, guests and visitors
What you'll be doing
- Preparation, cooking and serving of high quality food whilst delivering excellent catering service and hospitality to all Cambridge Assessment employees and visitors. Operation of tills and cashless system.
- Plan and order food as required ensuring that stock are properly rotated and level maintained. Work with the team to ensure new ideas and food offer is kept in line with the High Street offer.
- To support the catering management team into directing and instructing the Catering assistant daily work
- Maintain high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and overall presentation of staff and premises to ensure that the Catering Department's reputation is maintained. Ensuring all kitchen and catering equipment are clean and serviceable before use and any catering areas are kept in a tidy, clean and hygienic condition at all times.
- Comply with Group Values and Departmental Competencies framework. Comply to all internal procedures and policies and legislative compliance such as Health and Safety, Fire Policy, Uniform policy and Food Hygiene Regulations including HACCP and Cambridge Assessment Food Safety policy.
A little bit about you
The ideal Chef will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with great attention to detail. You will be able to plan your own work and have a proven ability to manage your workload when under pressure to meet multiple deadlines and will enjoy contributing to the excellent reputation of the department
- Basic Food Hygiene qualification
- Previous experience of working in the catering industry.
- Experience of preparing, cooking and serving meals as well as dealing with customers face to face.
Your transferable skills
- Prioritise day to day work routine and work flow
- Extensive knowledge of food safety
- Stock rotation
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Customer service focus
- Team player
- Listen to others
- Open to changes
- Positive mental attitude