HR Administrator - offering flexible-working options
Our flexible working environment
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone's contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
Where are based
We are based in the Triangle Building at the heart of the Shaftesbury Road site. We provide a beautiful, bright workspace in the heart of a bustling brand new complex. Situated just a 10 minute walk away from Cambridge Central station, 5 minutes from major bus routes for Cambridge city center and a 10 minute drive to the M11 for connections by road to surrounding areas.
A little bit more about us
Cambridge Assessment International Education prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge.
Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
As part of the HR Administration team, you will act as the first line support for Managers and Employees for all HR enquiries. The HR Administrator will play a vital role delivering outstanding customer service and transactional admin processing. A confident communicator, you will have a good eye for detail and be able to work to tight deadlines. Dealing with confidential data on a daily basis in a professional manner.
As a HR Administrator you will work collaboratively within your HR Admin team and across the wider HR function. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of an ever-changing organisation with multiple development opportunities open to you.
What you'll be doing
• Provide an excellent Customer Service to managers and employees, being the first point of reference for HR queries, escalating to level 2 when required ensuring a positive employee experience.
• Provide professional and confidential HR administrative and transactional support throughout all stages of the employee life cycle with high accuracy of data input into the HR System and production of documentation; enabling effective downstream feeds, in particular payroll.
• Collaborate with colleagues within the immediate HR Admin Team and wider HR function to share knowledge and insights on trends, priorities and challenges; seek out opportunities for continuous improvement, ensuring a consistent approach to executing HR policies and processes
• Participate in HR projects and tasks relevant to the role, to inform current HR practice and improve services to the business in the future
• Ad hoc projects and tasks relevant to the role.
A little bit about you
The successful candidate will be proactive and innovative in their approach; they will have the ability to collaborate with all stakeholders at all levels. They will take responsibility & pride in their work whilst using their excellent customer service skills.
Qualifications / Experience
• Minimum GCSE Grade 4 / C or equivalent
• Relevant professional Level 3/5 qualification (or working towards) (Desirable)
• Experience working in a busy multi-faceted administration environment
• Experience working with multiple processes and regulations
• Discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information and sensitive issues
• Excellent customer service skills
• Experience f HR systems in particular Success Factors (Desirable)
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office, particularly Advanced Word and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills; confident to liaise with people at all levels
• Excellent Organisational Skills
• Ability to prioritise tasks effectively, and achieve results as a team
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritise workload to meet multiple deadlines, forward plan and manage a number of tasks effectively and simultaneously
• Willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role
• High degree of creativity and resourcefulness
• Approachable, proactive and self-sufficient
• Collaborative approach
• Desire to continually look for opportunities to work smarter and improve the service provided