Flexible Working Opportunities
Who we are
The LTA is the National Governing Body for tennis in Great Britain, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, and is responsible for developing and promoting the sport while safeguarding the integrity of tennis.
The vision for the LTA is “tennis opened up” and the mission for all those involved in delivering this vision to grow tennis by making it relevant, accessible, welcoming and enjoyable. This is an exciting time to joining the LTA mission in delivering our strategies and to continue to grow and sustain the sport.
Flexible Talent Bank
Everyone’s life is different and there are many reasons why a traditional full time working pattern may be difficult to undertake or difficult to commit to. At the LTA we have a “Flexible Talent Bank” (FTB) of colleagues which offers flexible temporary assignments when the needs arise.
The benefits of a FTB assignment are:
- Flexible working pattern
- Flexible hours
- Short periods of work – from a few days up to several months
- Opportunities for local people
- Opportunity to develop your skills
- Opportunity to learn and explore new and different areas of work
A career at the LTA is full of opportunity. You will join a team that is committed to deliver excellence in every aspect of the work they are involved in. Whether you become actively involved in one of our Tennis departments or join one of our Business departments, we believe the LTA can offer exciting opportunities for career development. You could perform one of many roles, from business administration, customer service, events and competitions, or project related and you could work in any of our teams; from Marketing or Finance, to Performance or Participation.
The FTB is open to anyone who is looking for flexible opportunities. We believe that our success is based on our people’s efforts, dedication and hard work. One of our main goals is to embrace diversity and build a diversity-friendly workplace. We welcome people from different backgrounds, with different skills but who will share our values of respect, integrity, passion and excellence.
We encourage applications from:
- local people
- parents following periods of leave
- anyone looking to go back into work after a career break
- retired people
- anyone looking for a career change or just to experience/ explore a new area of work
- students from local universities who have their holidays approaching
- or those who just love tennis
What we offer
Our people are keys to the success of the LTA’s work, so, in addition to salary we provide a competitive benefits package, discounts with partners, and great social activities, etc.
How to apply
When sending the application please keep in mind the following important requirements:
- The subject line of the email must be “Flexible Talent Bank”
- In your Cover letter please explain:
- the reason you would like to be part of the LTA Flexible Talent Bank
- what would be the area(s) of interest
- what skills/ background/ experience you have and could bring to the LTA to perform the role
- please specify any requirements related to the assignment length
- All FTB candidates will be kept updated and informed of opportunities via email. And you will also be informed whether you will require having a further interview with your potential line manager. Shortlisting for each vacancy is completed taking consideration of each applicant's suitability for the role.
- Some roles do require a DBS clearance
- If successful we will require you to provide two satisfactory references, one of which should be from your most recent employer (if applicable)
- When you send us your application, you also confirm that you have proof of your right to work legally in the UK
- If an application doesn’t respect the previous requirements, is incomplete or inappropriate it will not be accepted and therefore deleted.
- Disability - if you require adjustments or support to assist you in the recruitment process at any time please contact a member of the HR team and we will provide the necessary support.