Chef De Parti
Job Title: Chef de Partie
Responsible to: Head Chef
General Scope and Purpose
To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
To be responsible for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes.
To gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times.
To promote the Valor Hospitality Europe Limited purpose, values and behaviours at all times
- To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
- To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
- To ensure mise en place is carried out in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- To maintain portion control guidelines in order to ensure the profitability of kitchen is maintained.
- To record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- To keep food wastage to a minimum.
- To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
- To assist with the training of and supervise other members of the kitchen brigade.
- To assist with quality control and menu planning where appropriate.
- To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- To ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- To assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- To be aware of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
- To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
- To attend training when required.
- To be fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety and fire procedures.
21. To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore the job-holder may be required from time to time to carry out other tasks requested by the Management.