Junior Firewall Analyst
We have a notable opportunity for a Junior Firewall Analyst to join our Aviva Firewall Management Team (FMT) in Bristol. Our team ensures that Aviva has a strong governance structure around its firewall estate and to ensure its business and security controls are being met. The FMT has given Aviva a much-improved view of its network and has allowed Aviva to deliver projects faster and improve the security posture of the Aviva firewall estate. You will be a key part in this team assisting with prioritisation, tooling, networking and getting trained up in the division.
What are the duties & responsibilities?
* Running issues of changes into the FMT and then onto suppliers
* Managing the FMT’s job queues and mailbox
* Assessing firewall changes that come through from business as usual or project work and using the AlgoSec firewall management platform to model these changes
* Working with Aviva teams requesting changes to help them understand what rules are acceptable and how their requests fit in with our risk profile
* Raising potential security issues for assessment by a CISO (Chief Information Security Office) team
* Working with managed service providers and other 3rd parties to schedule and test firewall changes
Your skills & experiences:
* Computer Science qualification or similar level of technical qualification would be beneficial
* Experience being security focused, delivery focused, and customer focused
* Extensive experience working in a team environment and being a phenomenal teammate
* Familiarity of working business partners within an enterprise organisation and managing their expectations
* Strong knowledge of computer networking and the TCP/IP ports used by common applications
* Obtained or willing to work towards gaining a CCNA qualification
* Familiar with working with other staff and suppliers in order to deliver for external and internal customers
What will you get for this role?
* A salary of £23,400 to £30,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that allows you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.