Job Title: Spa Therapist
Line Manager: Spa Manager
Key Communications: Head Therapist
Other Department Heads
Job Purpose/Summary: To ensure all Spa treatments and consultations are maintained with a high standard of professionalism and customer service
These indicators are what the Company can expect to see when the role is being performed to the required standard. It is a tool that also can be used to assess the successful candidate in the role of Spa Therapist.
- Good Communication Skills
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Positive telephone manner
- Ability to multi task
- Understanding of member & customer service principles
- To carry out consultation with guests, as required, giving advice and promoting treatments
- To carry out treatments to the required Spa standards, following treatment protocols, ensuring the specific treatment time is adhered to
- To achieve retail sales targets through personal prescriptions and consultations
- To be punctual at all times and remain in the spa during work hours
- To comply with standards of appearance and dress at all times when on duty
- To ensure all bills and receipts are correctly recorded following a treatment and handed to the receptionist for billing to the client, in accordance with the billing procedures as set out in the Operating Manual.
- To attend any appropriate training courses,
- Ensure that stock is secured in the therapy room stock cupboard each day and cupboards are replenished as required for the next therapist.
- To ensure all equipment is fully operational and report any defects to the senior therapist.
- To inform the senior therapist of any medical conditions or behaviour of guests that is unusual or causes concern e.g. skin conditions, bruising and alcohol abuse.
- To ensure the Spa Treatment rooms are kept tidy throughout the day.
- To turn off equipment, lights, candles, air conditioning, secure rooms and return key to Spa reception at the end of shift.
- To undertake relevant duties as requested by the Spa manager and Senior therapist,
- To assist at any PR functions, open evenings and special promotional activity within the spa or another venue.
- To promote the spa at all times
- To deliver exceptional customer care at all times in accordance with the company procedures, and to ensure all therapists are aware of company procedures in regards to complaint handling and customer care.
- To adhere to Health and Safety requirements by using safe work practices as per company procedures.
- To ensure you are familiar with the spa tariff and any promotions in order to advise and promote gift vouchers, courses, up-selling and retail sales.
Monitor and comply with all company and legal statutory requirements
- Ensure that while you undertake your role you abide by the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and safe systems of work appropriate to your role.
- Attend all Health and Safety, Fire and Food Training as directed by your Manager or HR.
- Understand the importance of adhering to company policy with reference to hazard spotting, first aid reporting and reporting accidents.
- To have complete understanding of hotel and company procedure in the event of a fire and maintain statutory awareness and understanding of how this impacts job roles within the hotel and the business as a whole.
- Responsible for complying by COSHH when using company nominated chemicals.
- Abide by all company and legal statutory standards at al times and bring to attention of any senior management any discrepancies or breaches of standards.
- Attend all statutory training as requested.
Behavioural Competency Framework for a Spa Therapist
- Responds to change positively
- Calm under pressure
- Thinks ahead
- Is clear and open
- Encourages others to share ideas
- Keeps others well informed and up to date
- Looks for fresh ideas
- Turns good ideas into realistic solutions
- Can act on own initiative
- Accepts responsibility for own actions
- Applies knowledge and experience
- Has a positive profile
- Gains people’s attention when speaking
- Gains commitment
- Open and honest
- Treats people fairly
- Respects confidences
- Adheres to legal obligations
- Meets deadlines
- Good time keeping
- Personal appearance
- Sets a good example
- Plays their part
- Understands effect of their own behaviour on others
- Supports, develops and encourages others
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of your role and is not intended to be a definitive list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting Company and guest’s needs is required by all employees.