Food & Beverage Assistant
Job Title: Food & Beverage Assistant
Department: Food & Beverage
Responsible To: Restaurant Manager/ Bars Manager/
Food and Beverage Services Manager/ Conference and Events Manager (as appropriate).
General Scope and Purpose
To be totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
To assist with the service of our guests, thus ensuring all guests receive efficient, professional service at all times, thus satisfying their needs
To promote the Valor Hospitality Europe Limited purpose, values and behaviours at all times.
- To have a good knowledge of the preparation and service of all dishes and products on the menus and product lists.
- To serve all guests in accordance with standards laid down.
- To ensure mise en place is completed before service to the standard laid down.
- To ensure tables are set and cleared to the company standards. This to include bar, restaurant service and conference and events.
5. To provide attentive service during the meal and watch for special requests.
6. To assist in the general cleaning of your working areas.
7. To take every opportunity to upsell in Food and Beverages – wines, liqueurs, brandies, etc
8. To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
9. To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to security procedures laid down.
10. To attend work consistently well groomed, in uniform, as laid down to the standard required.
- To be fully aware of and observe current liquor licensing laws.
12. To be fully aware of and strictly adhere to cash and key procedures laid down.
13. To consistently deliver superior customer service through our Customer Service Programme
14. To attend training when required.
15. To be fully aware of and adhere to Health and Safety, Fire and Bomb threat procedures as laid down by the hotel and company.
16. To suggest ideas for further improving department and customer service.
17. To be fully aware of and observe all security procedures.
18. To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations as identified in the team member handbook.
This Job Description cannot be exhaustive due to the peculiar requirements of the hotel industry. Therefore, the job-holder may be required from time to time to carry out tasks requested by the management.