Firewall Analyst Team Leader
We are now looking to take on a Team Leader for our Firewall Management Team (FMT) in Bristol. This FMT is responsible for the safe and efficient management of Aviva’s firewall estate globally. The Firewall Analyst Team Leader directs their work and ensures the agreed standards and process are followed and met, a superb opportunity to influence how Aviva’s standards are kept and evolved across security for the largest insurance company in the UK.
What are the duties & responsibilities?
* Line managing of the FMT members
* Being a point of escalation for firewall related issues
* Warranting that the processes and policies used to manage Aviva firewalls align with Aviva Security policies and Business Process controls
* Working with the suppliers and the Aviva business partners to develop and maintain the roadmap for the AlgoSec service within Aviva globally
* Advancing potential security issues such as out of tolerance rules for assessment by a CISO team (Chief Information Security Office)
* Ensuring the availability of the AlgoSec platform and its related collectors is maintained for the global users
* Maintaining and improving the security profile of the Aviva firewall estate
* Securing that there will be a high uptime, no service interruptions or security incidents due to firewall mis-configuration
Your skills & experiences:
* Customer focused, security focused, delivery focused
* Experience in managing a geographically diverse team
* Familiar with working business partners at all levels across global enterprises
* Capable of self direction and leading through example
* Extensive knowledge of managing firewalls and security devices across a wider range of manufacturers
* CCNA, CCNP qualification or similar experience
* Skilled at directing less experienced staff, suppliers and managed service partners in order that the accurate result is delivered for external and internal customers
* CISM or the same level of experience
* Project management experience
What will you get for this role?
* A salary of £55,000 to £80,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that allows you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.