Technical Security Specialist
TECHNICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST
LEEDS OR BIRMINGHAM
The Technical Security Specialist plays an integral role in assessing the organisation's security requirements from a project delivery and security posture improvement perspective, for Pinsent Masons.
Reporting to the Security Architect, the successful role holder will be required to effectively translate business project deliverables to comply with Information Security frameworks and Programs Once translated the technical security specialist must be able to recommend technologies, processes and procedures to ensure alignment of projects to the Security frameworks adopted by Pinsent Masons.
The role holder will prioritise and develop the overall security requirements for projects emanating from PMO, IT, Finance and the wider organisation.
This role would suit a candidate with a minimum of 5 years' experience in the following areas:
- Infrastructures - Lan/Wan/Remote Access/Data Centres/Telco/VPN technologies
- On-Premise and Cloud based (Iaas, PaaS and SaaS) infrastructures
- Operating systems : Microsoft and Linux /Unix
- Storage and Virtualization
- IAM technologies and services (e.g., Active Directory, LDAP, IAM)
- Security implementation experience in an enterprise IT environment
- Legal and Jurisdictional frameworks governing Privacy and data management/handling
- ITIL and Change Board submissions (ideal, but not essential)
The following is desirable:
- A degree ideally in computer science, information systems, cybersecurity or a related field or experience thereof
- Experienced in project delivery from an Info-Sec/Security implementation perspective
- Experience in working on multiple projects concurrently within set timelines.
- Consultancy background - customer facing (optional)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Ideally professionally qualified Isc, Isaca, Cisco, Microsoft etc
- Ideally, but not necessarily, SC clearance
- The opportunity to join a global, innovative and forward thinking firm;
- Competitive salary and benefits package;
- Discounts on various purchases including hotel stays, mobile phone contracts, theatre tickets, sporting events, holidays and insurance.
Pinsent Masons is an international law firm that ranks amongst the top 75 law firms globally, with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in its deep understanding of the sectors and geographies in which its clients operate.
We know that our culture sets us apart, and with over 1,500 lawyers operating from 24 locations throughout the UK, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, it is at the heart of our success as a leading international law firm. Our core values are Approachable, Bold and Connected and as a firm we hold these in high regard. Personally and collectively, we live them every day and our firm is a better place for it.
Pinsent Masons stands out in particular for its innovative approach to service delivery and in 2016 we were ranked among the five most Innovative Law Firms in Europe.
For any queries or for a copy of the full job description then please contact our in-house recruiter Helen Simpson. Please note we only accept CVs that are logged on the Recruitment portal.