Part-time HR Advisor
HR Advisor, Maidenhead, circa £35K (more dependent on experience) + benefits. Part time/term time possibility.
Are you looking for a HR Advisor role in a more flexible work environment where you can use and develop your skills, but without the pressure of billing targets and long working hours? Perhaps you’re looking to return from a career break and want a career that can balance personal and work objectives?
Most of our clients’ work is ER & employment law related. Over the previous 2 decades they have established a multi-sector client base who enjoy a completely different support model from the law firms – clients pay a monthly retainer meaning there is no pressure to sell hours – instead the onus is on an expedient, risk managed resolution of typical ER scenarios – from employee exits to a fair and thorough application of HR processes.
Our client enjoys a close relationship with their client base and the work is mainly undertaken from their Maidenhead office by phone and email (to advise client managers), but may also involve site visits to sit in on or lead investigations and hearings. In this role (which can be 4 days with negotiable hours & term time is a possibility) your career will widen into other areas alongside law – an ex-employment solicitor already employed by our client describes the satisfaction of being involved in cases before all hope has broken down!
Our client operates a relaxed and friendly office with parking, provides ample development opportunities, and will enable Employment Law Advisors to develop their career in law or indeed in a wider HR/ER remit.
To be of interest for this role you will have:
- At least 3 years in an employment law related role gained from within the private sector or with private sector clients
- In depth experience of advising clients or line managers on employment issues & drafting accompanying letters etc.
- Excellent knowledge of employment contracts and terms, exit agreements & the application of typical HR processes
- Superb communication skills, verbal and written
- A willingness to be part of a collaborative team
- A good relevant degree or equivalent occupational qualifications
- A driving license and & the ability to commute to our client’s offices just outside Maidenhead
- The ability to travel to client sites from time to time.
You may also (though not essentially) have experience of running client training workshops in employment law/HR processes and ideally you will have previously worked with clients in a commercial advisory relationship.
We are as interested in hearing from candidates looking to return after a career break