Store Manager - Part time job share 3 days
Part time job share – 24 hours per week (3 days over a 7 day working week)
We’re looking for a store manager to join our team in Nairn. If you’re an experienced manager with a passion for leading and developing people and an interest in making a real impact within your local community, we can offer you a great opportunity to do just that.
We do things differently here at the Co-op. We’re not owned by 1 person or a board of executives and over 4.6million active members contribute to the running and development of our business. We’ve gone through a lot of positive change over the last few years and we’re not done yet.
We’re constantly exploring more ways to do business that’s better for our members, customers and communities. And with 100 new stores opening across the UK in 2019 alone, it’s an amazing time to join us and become a part of our Co-op. To find out more about what it’s like to work here visit coop.co.uk/storemanager.
What you’ll do:
• lead, coach and develop your team to provide a consistently great customer experience
• create a great working environment for your team
• build great links with the local community, and other nearby Co-op businesses
• lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
• be a role model to your team by taking pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
• be a commercial leader; looking into new and innovative ways to do business to increase sales performance in store
• be hands on in store and visible to customers
• create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
• react quickly and positively to changing priorities within store
This role would suit people who have:
• previous retail or hospitality management experience
• proven experience as a confident, inspiring and engaging leader
• a previous background in managing teams of various sizes and abilities
• an understanding of the importance of building relationships and supporting your local community; the community is a huge focus for us at the Co-op
• a track record in improving business performance and forecasting for the future
• commercial awareness and have an understanding of the local competition in the area
• a passion for working closely with colleagues and being hands-on in store
• the ability to effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• great holiday allowance
• an annual incentive scheme
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 20 minutes to complete this test.