Part-time Accounts Assistant - flexible-working hours
We are explorers and innovators who strive to bring awareness and authenticity to all of what we do, be it our artistic process or how we grow our people business.
When creating we begin by going into nature to observe and listen; to be guided by what we immerse ourselves in; the artwork is there to be discovered. Once back at the studio, we begin to shape what we have collected to express that essence.
Sharing this mind-set with all team members allows us create from a place of integrity and teamwork, feeding our intention to function as an organism.
We ask for involvement and participation from all our people, believing that a harmonious coordination between every aspect of Based Upon is conducive to creating great work, and to growth both as a company and as individuals.
The Finance Assistant supports the Finance / Studio Manager at the centre of the wheel, running the day to day financial tasks, supporting the whole team, protecting our business and ensuring our facilities function at their best. To succeed in this role, the following would be valuable.
At least one to two years’ experience in accounts is a must.
Key Accountabilities: Finance Support and Purchasing
- Managing supplier accounts; data entry of invoices, reconciliation using Sage accountancy software
- Management and analysis of company credit card expenses
- Management and analysis of employee general expenses via expensify
- Preparation of payment runs.
- Creating and sending of client sales invoices. General Sale’s ledger Reconciliations.
- Credit Control.
- Bank reconciliations.
- General assistance with answering of phones, directing calls & filtering messages (back up to our studio assistant.)
- General administration.
- Support to the Directors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Good telephone and client facing manner
- Strong organisational skills / ability to multitask
- Strong eye for detail
- Numerate and analytical with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work accurately without supervision, able to handle multi-tasking and changing office priorities
- Experience using Sage accountancy software preferable.
- Experience using Salesforce
- Standard working hours are 08.45am – 5.30pm, Monday to Wednesday, with an unpaid lunch break. We would consider flexible hours for the right person.
- However you are expected to work longer hours when required and occasional weekends.
Please send a cover letter and CV, telling us why you want to join our team and what you have to offer.