Part-time Financial Controller - 3 to 4 days
Isosceles is a business accounting consultancy providing bespoke strategic and operational accountancy and finance expertise to UK and international companies. We work closely with our clients, including fast growing technology companies, to help them succeed.
We’re recruiting a qualified accountant to join us as a Financial Controller. We’re happy for this to be on a part time basis, 3 or 4 days per week. Primarily based with our clients in and around London, you’ll work with entrepreneurs and their teams in fast growing, largely tech companies. Our head office is in Egham and you spend sometime there with the team.
You’ll be technically strong, naturally analytical and a confident communicator. You’ll play a key role across a portfolio of clients, so you’ll need to be professional, influential and credible with business owners and senior executives.
As a senior professional, you’ll work with trainee and junior accountants across virtual teams to ensure your clients receive a cost-effective, high quality, timely and accurate accounting service, so you’ll be able to co-ordinate across, develop and grow team members.
As an accountant, you’ll be fully proficient in the preparation of regular accounts and associated reporting and analysis.
Role Purpose and Key Responsibilities
Exactly what you’ll do on a day to day basis will be influenced by your clients, but typical responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with clients and their external partners.
- Provide sound pragmatic, commercial and professional financial information, advice and support directly to senior client stakeholders.
- Provide and review monthly management accounts, ensuring they are accurate, commercially informative and professionally presented.
- Manage the budget process.
- Prepare profit and cash-flow forecasts.
- Ownership of client deliverable timeframe.
- Manage the compliance processes including VAT, Corporation tax and PAYE.
- Validation of balance sheet.
- Manage the production of statutory accounts.
- Oversee/ support audits.
- Manage the process for tax compliance and advice, liaising with tax advisers as necessary.
- Oversee payroll delivery, which may also be provided by Isosceles.
- Monitor and ensure client profitability, satisfaction and account development.
- Strong academically, a confident and fully qualified accountant.
- Post qualification commercial experience, ideally with some exposure to the technology or a similar industry.
- Highly numerate and analytical.
- Excellent systems knowledge and capability, including Excel.
- Experience in preparing statutory accounts.
- Comfortable with financial reporting and regulatory requirements.
- Able to make sound, commercial and workable decisions, act with integrity, consistency and clarity.
- Credible, relatable, professional.
- Some experience of managing and coaching a team.
- Comfortable working at pace and to conflicting deadlines.
- Driver. Able to travel independently to client sites as required.