PR, Marketing & Fundraising Manager - offering flexible-working hours
Where we are based
The Clink Charity is based in offices in the grounds of HMP High Down just outside Sutton in Surrey. There is lots of free parking available and good bus links in and around the Sutton area. Our postcode is SM2 5PJ.
This is a temporary role covering the maternity leave of our current PR, Marketing & Fundraising Manager. Our office hours are Monday – Friday 9am-5.30pm. The role is a full-time position; however, we may consider more flexible hours for the right candidate.
A little bit about our work
The aim of The Clink Charity is to reduce re-offending rates of ex-offenders by training and placing graduates upon their release into the hospitality industry. The charity represents a genuine opportunity for change, offering prisoners the chance to gain food preparation, food service and cleaning qualifications as well as experience within an exciting, operational business and in-depth guidance to find full-time employment within the hospitality industry upon release.
The Clink Charity operates the Clink Restaurant at HMP High Down, HMP Cardiff, HMP Brixton, HMP Styal, the Clink Gardens at HMP Send and the Clink Events training kitchen at HMP Downview in partnership with Her Majesty’s Prison & Probation Service. The Clink also operates the Clink Café in Manchester city centre.
What we offer
- Salary Banding £25,000 - £28,000
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Free meals and tea/coffee on duty
- Free parking
- Pension scheme
The PR, Marketing & Fundraising Manager is an important role in The Clink Charity & Restaurants’ team and has sole responsibility for ensuring accurate brand representation of The Clink’s work at all times.
The PR, Marketing & Fundraising Manager role will be responsible for managing all marketing & media channels, including the website and social media, and the content promoted upon them.
As the PR, Marketing & Fundraising Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Managing all marketing & media channels
- Overseeing & developing marketing campaign & focuses for the rest of 2019 and 2020
- Writing and proofreading copy including restaurant flyers, event flyers and menus
- Maintaining the website and collating analytics
- Organising fundraising events
- Maintaining the Mailchimp database
- Creating, delivering and monitoring email newsletters to the database
- Managing social media posts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn
- Managing PR relationships & requests for interviews with Clink staff, learners & graduates
- Writing funding applications and dealing with admin paperwork associated with grants
- Handling admin tasks like photocopying, printing, binding, shredding and other office-based duties
- Working with wider team and taking direction from Senior Management Team and Trustees (where necessary)
A little bit about you
This is a really fabulous opportunity for someone who has PR & Marketing skills to support our vision and continued success in the interim. You will already have proven experience within the PR & Marketing arena and therefore will have the following skills, knowledge & experience:
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Excellent communication skills and networking ability
- Ability to adapt and be flexible under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Excellent creativity and writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively, prioritising different areas of work according to need and producing work of a high standard
- Able to use a computer to input data accurately, to communicate effectively through emails and to produce good quality minutes of meetings (where necessary)
- Able to be self-motivating and prioritise effectively to meet deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Experience working in a fast-paced and sometimes challenging environment
- Good knowledge of IT and numeracy
- Ability to use programmes including Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint and Adobe Acrobat DC.Ideally able to use online systems including Mailchimp, Gorkana, Wordpress, Hootsuite, Design my Night/Tonic Ticketing or show a willingness to learn.
The recruitment process
The successful candidate will ideally start between the 24th – 30th of September 2019.
All applications and the recruitment process is being managed by our HR Consultants Solution22.
Closing date for application will be (28days from placing ad) however please note that should we find the successful candidate during this period we reserve the right to close the advert earlier. Therefore we recommend you apply ASAP!