Are you a registered clinical professional looking for a change in your job?
Aviva's Health and Protection team is recruiting a Clinical Advisor to join their friendly team of qualified healthcare professionals. You will play an integral role by providing knowledge, skills and expertise to help the business meet the health needs of its Private Medical Insurance customers.
You will work closely with colleagues in the Claims department, using your incredible experience to help them handle customers who need medical support.
It's a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to use their phenomenal knowledge of acute conditions and collaborate with others in a professional environment. This is a full-time role at 35 hours per week worked between 08:00 - 18:00, Monday to Friday.
Role and Responsibilities
- Spend time with teams across your department, listening to calls to understand how the current processes work and how clinical advice can be made available to support customers.
- Work with Claims Consultants to ensure information is worded and presented in a way which best supports our customers and advisors.
- Build relationships with other business areas and influence internal functions to improve the end to end customer journey.
- Work with various teams to ensure clinical knowledge is shared effectively.
- Analyse current claims data to identify practical changes to improve and manage complex claims better.
- Act as a key contact for clinical demands from customer-facing staff.
- Maintain a level of technical awareness and product knowledge to enable discussion with specialists/clinical experts when establishing appropriate treatment pathways.
- Protect customers and staff by ensuring that clinical decisions relating to cover and treatment provision are in line with standard medical practice and UK Health philosophy and guidelines.
- Report to the Clinical Team Lead and be accountable to the Medical Director and the relevant professional regulatory body (e.g. NMC).
Skills and Experience
If you can identify with the statements below, we would love to hear from you!
- Holds a clinical qualification (e.g. nursing, physiotherapy, medicine) and is currently registered with a professional regulatory body.
- Working at (or the equivalent of) NHS Band 6.
- Strong experience and knowledge of working with acute conditions.
- A great understanding of the UK health system, both NHS and private.
- Comfortable in applying clinical knowledge outside of the direct treatment of patients.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Confident communication skills and not afraid to ask questions or challenge set processes if necessary.
What will you get for this role?
- A salary of £30,000 - £35,000 depending on skills, qualifications and experience.
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
- Up to 30% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
- You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button.
- We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for free!
- We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
Additional Information One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential).
Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.