Head of Finance part-time role (2-3 days per week) for an exciting proptech start-up
Our flexible working environment:
Part-time role of 2 to 3 days a week. We’re completely flexible as to whether that’s 2, 2.5 or 3 days a week, as well as what days of the week you want to work. We’re also flexible with start and finish times; whether you’d prefer to get in early and leave early or start late and finish late or work half a day between say 10am-2:30pm.
Where we are based:
Our offices are based on Charlotte Road in Shoreditch, London. We’re a 10- to 15-minute walk from Old Street station (Northern Line) as well as Liverpool Street station (National Rail, Circle, Central and Hammersmith & City Lines). Brighthorizon Broadgate nursery is a 10-minute walk away. The area is nice and buzzy with lots of great cafes, bars, pubs and eateries, with Boxpark and Spitalfields a 10-minute walk away.
A little bit more about us:
Vesta (www.vestaproperty.com) is an online marketplace for buying & selling rental property. We’re an early stage proptech start-up based in London, which is transforming the £1.6TRN private rented sector by helping landlords to buy & sell tenanted properties, preserving their rental income and creating stability for tenants. We’ve sold over £30M of rental property since launching 18 months ago which has enabled many tenants to stay in their homes. We’re a small team of 10 currently (looking to grow) with lots of energy and ambition.
What we offer:
- Part-time flexible working
- £60,000 to £65,000 full time equivalent salary (pro-rata for number of days worked)
- 25 days full time equivalent annual leave (pro-rata for number of days worked)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Share options
- Payment of membership subscriptions for professional qualifications (e.g. ICAEW)
- Work socials
- Trendy location!
We’re looking for a passionate, dependable and hands-on Head of Finance to take on the day-to-day running of the finance function covering the traditional roles of both a finance manager and financial controller. You’ll report to the Chief Commercial Officer who will be helping you to run the finance function.
What you’ll be doing:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and KPIs
- Preparation of monthly cash flow forecasts
- Preparation of annual accounts and oversight of annual audit
- Treasury management (i.e. management of the company’s bank accounts and fortnightly payment runs)
- Book-keeping and accounting (we use Sage currently)
- Tax reporting including preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns, correspondence with HMRC and tax advisors for EIS and EMI related filings etc
- Overseeing payroll, pensions & HR
- Supporting the sales team with customer invoicing and invoice chasing
- Oversight of insurance policies
- Company secretarial (e.g. ad hoc Companies House filings, shareholder comms etc)
- Assisting the Chief Commercial Officer to create bi-annual budgets and business planning
- Assisting the Chief Commercial Officer with the company’s compliance function
A little bit about you:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA or equivalent qualified
- Super organised, detail oriented and good at multi-tasking
- A team player with high integrity skills and curious about the commercial aspects of the business
- Ideally experienced in using Sage
- Hands-on and proactive – a doer not a delegator!
Apply for Head of Finance part-time role (2-3 days per week) for an exciting proptech start-up
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly