We have a dynamic, new opportunity for a Company Secretary to join our thorough and knowledgeable team.
This is the opportunity to gain exposure through a broad variety of legal secretarial tasks in the largest insurance company in the UK. We are looking for an expert Company Secretary that will support our Aviva Investors (AI) Company Secretarial team in London, focusing on oversight across various entities.
This person will support the AI secretarial team with delivering results in corporate governance through the support it provides to the subsidiary boards and committees within its remit. The role will largely involve providing first class support to our different businesses.
You will be responsible for the governance, statutory compliance, and company secretarial support for a large portfolio of predominantly UK entities in collaboration with cross-functional teams and our external advisers.
The duties & responsibilities of the role:
* Providing guidance to the boards/management on any new applicable laws & regulations, as well as acting as a source of technical advice and support to internal functions
* Liaising with our cross-functional teams including Tax, Legal and external advisers; acting as the Corporate Secretarial ambassador and raising the team’s profile as value-adding advisers and consultants
* Assisting the Senior Company Secretary with the review and development and implementation of the best governance methodology for the Group’s subsidiaries
* Providing information to internal and external business partners including auditors and regulatory bodies and effectively managing queries
* Managing inter-company dividend and intra-group funding processes, including equity injections
* Reviewing and assisting in the development of statutory compliance processes and procedures to reflect standard methodology and improving efficiency
* Ensuring the maintenance and timely update of Blueprint Company Secretarial records
What skills and experience are we looking for?
* ICSA qualified (ACIS/FCIS/CSQS)
* A deep understanding of current legal/governance/compliance practices and techniques relevant to a Company Secretarial practice
* Commercial experience of working with financial services
* Highly motivated, self-starter who is comfortable working independently when required
* Knowledge of Blueprint Secretarial software and Diligent Board books
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* The ability to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee giving access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.