Senior Security Threat Analyst
There is now an outstanding, level 3 Senior Security Threat Analyst position available in Aviva. As you may know, we provide around 31 million customers worldwide with insurance, savings and investment products. We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. As such, our dedicated Security Incident Response & Threat Hunting Team is well-positioned, and fully supported.
This Senior Security Threat Analyst position forms part of the UKI CISO function; working within the wider Global CISO business unit. You'll be the point of contact for the UK and Aviva Investors businesses in remediation of security incidents - supporting them in ensuring that security incidents are balanced efficiently to minimise the impact and reducing the risk to the business.
Duties & Responsibilities of this position:
The role will involve engagement with business partners from across all different areas of Aviva, bringing to bear technology and initiatives from the global CISO function and its suppliers.
* Threat Hunting for unknown and undetected malicious activity
* Developing new threat hunting strategies using available tools and data
* Responding to alerts and incidents from our Global Security Operations Centre and other areas of the UK business
* Supporting the UKI CISO Cyber Operations Manager in collation of management information and reporting
* Enhancing and improving the service of the cyber operations team
* Conducting research into new and existing threats to develop new detections for existing toolsets
* Supporting the UK CISO business engagement model via direct dialogue with specialist individuals that support security control operation
* Supporting the assessment of security control operation across UK business lines and third-party suppliers
* Being part of an incident response team that is on call out of office hours
Skills & Experience required:
* Robust track record of delivering proactive threat hunting in a large and/or varied corporate environment
* Confident in the use of a common scripting language (Python, PowerShell etc)
* A background working within an IR/penetration test role and understanding of incident lifecycle
* Ideally commercial experience across: packet analysis, translating intelligence into actionable outcomes, SIEM tools and log analysis, forensic capture and analysis, malware/file analysis, working with Linux Operating Systems or Windows Operating Systems to an advanced level, compile and analyse market intelligence and review large amounts of data
* Capable of prioritizing many security related topics whilst maintaining an excellent level of customer service skills
What will you get for this role?
* A salary of £55,000 to £65,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that allows you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.