Editorial Intern, Gransnet
We're on the hunt for a super-talented individual to join our editorial team as an intern for a 6-month period. This role is offered as a full-time position, made up of some community management out of hours. It is the perfect opportunity for a new graduate or returner.
This is a 6-month, full-time internship paid at the London Living Wage of £20,572.50 pa.
What you'll do:
- Community management;
- Social media;
- Updating content across the site;
- Tracking and analysing metrics on content and performance;
- Updating our e-newsletter.
What we’re looking for;
- Appreciation of the issues and challenges of our target audience;
- An aptitude for and desire to learn new skills;
- An innate sense of writing style and impeccable grammar;
- Photoshop skills;
- Intimate knowledge and understanding of social media.
It’d be nice if you had:
- Experience of Google Analytics;
- An understanding of writing for SEO;
- Previous experience working for a digital publication;
- Experience working on CMS;
How we’ll support you:
- Ongoing on the job training from your line manager;
- LinkedIn online learning - bi-weekly DEAL sessions, training to be agreed with your line manager;
- Initial cross training across the Gransnet team;
- Initial briefing sessions with relevant business partners.
This role reports into the joint Editors, Gransnet and is based our offices in Kentish Town. This role is offered as a full-time position, made up of some community management out of hours.
Who we are
Gransnet, Mumsnet’s sister site, is the busiest social networking site for the over 50s. Launched in May 2011, the site was described by the Telegraph as "a new dawn in grey power."
At its heart is a buzzing forum where users debate the hot topics of the day, support each other through tough times and share a laugh. Brimming with useful content covering everything from fashion to grandparenting, travel to technology, as well as competitions and an incredibly popular bookclub, there is something on the site for everyone. Gransnet is recognised as a champion for digital inclusion and is constantly challenging the stereotypes of ‘older people’ in the media
Why work for us?
This is a brilliant opportunity to work on a busy and dynamic website and to gain skills and experience that will look fantastic on any CV. Gransnet has grown steadily over the last 6 years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'.
What's more, the company is always in the market for talented people - so there may be an opportunity for the right candidate to join us full-time at the end of the internship.
For more about our equality and diversity policy, see here. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have photography, film and book clubs, a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Gransnet and Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with the following:
- your CV;
- a covering letter that summarises your suitability for the role and your awareness of Gransnet;
- Links to or samples of your writing.
Please be aware that if your application doesn’t include the above three items, it will not go forward for consideration.
Deadline for applications is: Friday 20th September.
We’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don’t delay in applying!