Threat Intelligence Analyst
There is a new, exciting opportunity for a Threat Intelligence Analyst in Aviva’s dynamic London-based Global Cyber Security Operations team.
In this role, you'll support all aspects of our Aviva Cyber Threat Intelligence service operation and development, covering Aviva companies worldwide. You will be working in a team collecting and analysing threat information to produce actionable cyber security intelligence. You'll have an opportunity to actively shape the direction of the team, conduct independent security research and build your professional network and skills.
Our teams are exceptionally customer focused, acting as ambassadors for Aviva - promoting our business at industry level and protecting the Aviva brand by preventing and reducing the impact of cyber security incidents. This includes improvement in time to react to new threats, attacks, and potential breaches - all while being a phenomenal teammate.
The duties & responsibilities of the role:
* You’ll be responsible for the delivery of our threat intelligence task schedule while regularly delivering high-quality and insightful intelligence products to key internal business partners
* Providing analysis and dissemination of threats from a wide range of intelligence sources (open sources, hacker forums, peer exchange forums, SIEM alerts, log files) to give Aviva a forward-looking view of the threat
* Maintaining detailed threat profiles on adversaries of interest/relevance to the firm - covering tactics, techniques and procedures, intent, goals and strategic objectives
* Balancing incoming research requests and intelligence from other teams acting as the lead point of contact
* Assisting with technological aspects of investigations lead by corporate security, fraud, and financial crime teams
The skills & experiences required:
* Strong commercial background working in cyber threat intelligence including experience of working in a SOC environment
* Advanced knowledge of global threats to international cyber security and conversant in developing a picture of the Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) used by cyber adversaries
* Able to collect, analyse, and interpret qualitative and quantitative data from various sources including extracting indicators and exercising critical thinking in assessing the threat
* Good technical understanding of networking, internet protocols and information security
* Ability to deliver to a schedule, prioritise conflicting tasks, and service occasional time-critical requests as required
* Training and experience in deploying in intelligence analysis and assessment techniques including hypothesis development
* Additional experience of strategic cyber threat intelligence activity is advantageous
* Recognised technical security certifications and academic degrees highly desirable but not essential (Information Security MSc, CREST, SANS, Offensive Security certifications)
* Strong written and verbal briefing skills
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and every aspect of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* The ability to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that allows you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee there is access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.