Part time Finance Director
uMotif is the modern data capture platform that patients love to use. Founded in 2012 and based in London, UK, uMotif has a global approach and outlook. Since 2012 we have captured over 65 million data points from over 20,000 patients in a range of studies and clinical deployments in 21 clinical conditions. We have extensive experience of large-scale, direct-to-patient approaches, including the capture of in-app e-consent.
Our team comprises expertise in design, service delivery, clinical trials and scalable software programming. We focus on building robust and scalable technology that patients love to use.
Our Culture & People
We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create best-in-class solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life. Our core values are Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed
We are looking for a new Finance Director to support and drive the next phase of our exciting company growth. We are open to a part-time role for a qualified accountant to work in our London office across all parts of the company. The role will be core to implementing systems and processes as we scale up and expand with increasingly international clients and projects. We are looking for a dynamic person with experience of working with smaller fast growth businesses, taking a hands-on approach to support business functions and manage external relationships.
About the role
- Design, implementation and management of accounting systems and financial reporting for the Board
- Lead financial audits and preparation of company accounts
- Support to management team for sales pricing model and planning
- Lead commercial contracting and legal agreements
- Implementation of financial governance and contracting with 3rd party suppliers
- Financial modelling and analysis to support fundraising and investment
- Liaison with Company Secretary and provide input to capital structure
- Qualified Accountant with significant experience of accountancy and financial management
- Experience of working in a small high growth company, preferably venture or PE-backed
- Experience leading designing and implementing financial systems and controls
- Global accountancy experience, particularly setting up and operating in dual jurisdictions (i.e. UK, Europe and USA)
- Experience reviewing and negotiating legal contracts
- Experience in raising and managing investment finance
What we offer
An attractive benefits package including 25 days’ holiday per year (pro-rated), additional day off for your birthday, Private Medical Insurance with Bupa (employee cover only), Cycle to Work scheme, ‘uToken’ annual lifestyle bonus, contribution to Workplace pension, Share Options, training & personal development budget, inspiring office environment in new WeWork building.
How to apply
- summary (200 words or less) of why you are the right person for the role
- please state email subject line as: Application – Finance Director
- statement to confirm that you consent to uMotif holding your CV for the duration of our current recruitment phase
We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible and applications will be considered in the order we receive them.
uMotif is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity
No recruiters please.