Lead Delivery Manager
***Please note – to apply for this vacancy you will need to submit a CV and Diversity Monitoring Form. Application forms will not be accepted for this role***
What we are looking for: Delivery Managers make sure that multidisciplinary agile teams work well together to reach the best outcomes for users.
As a Lead Delivery Manager you will enable a number of multi-disciplinary teams to deliver a range of products, services, and broader transformation initiatives.
You’ll deliver complex digital or non-digital projects, breaking down barriers for your team and creating an environment that people want to work in.
You will be core to shaping the delivery of the transformation programme’s end-to-end roadmap to time, budget and quality and will work closely with the Director of Transformation and Design in managing the business planning, budget and headcount of transformation.
Our successful candidate will: Lead and motivate multiple multi-disciplinary teams, helping them to organise and plan their work, ensuring they deliver products and services that meet users’ needs.
Clearly communicate plans and progresses through those plans using recognised agile practices.
Identifying the appropriate people and resources for teams, making sure teams and programmes understand and deliver on their mission, vision and goals, and that these align across the organisation.
At Homes England we have a strong culture of flexible working and encourage all employees to have a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wide range of political working patterns, including part time, job share and compressed hours.
These need to be balanced with business needs so they will vary from job to job. If you would like to know more please speak to the Recruiting Manager once you're contacted to discuss the position.
The skills we would like are:
- A track record of successfully delivering complex projects, products and services.
- A deep understanding of agile ways of working and how they help deliver products and services at scale.
- A deep understanding of the digital landscape and experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in promoting agile practices across an organisation and a track record of successfully delivering difficult or complex programmes or portfolios of work, leading, coordinating and motivating multi-site/ multi-department teams.
- Confident in leadership of multiple projects and people.
- Working Flexibly - At Homes England we have a strong culture of flexible working and encourage all employees to have a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wide range of potential working patterns, including part time, job share and compressed hours.
- These need to be balanced with business needs so they will vary from job to job. If you would like to know more please speak to the Recruiting Manager once you're contacted to discuss the position.
About Homes England: Homes England is responsible for making sure that people in England have homes that meet their needs. Right now, we do that by funding people who want to build homes, making sure that land is available to build on, and by helping people to buy homes that they can afford.
We were established in 2017, and since then we’ve been working towards our mission of becoming the UK government’s housing accelerator. A disruptive organisation in the heart of government that can build the housing market that this country and the people who live here need.
The housing market is always changing though, and with it so should we.
We’re embarking on ambitious period of transformation, but this isn’t the kind of transformation that’s just about digitising our existing services and making them more efficient.
We need to build products and services that will fix the housing market we have today, whilst building an organisation that will be able to respond to the challenges of tomorrow.
Enabling good people to have good ideas and get things done is how we’ll get there, and that’s where you come in.
What you will get from us:
- The chance to work on something that really matters in a place that values your skills and expertise.
- A supportive and inclusive working environment where the organisation’s leadership puts people first.
- A range of training and development opportunities suited to your needs.
- A growing Delivery Management community devoted to sharing experiences.