Digital Media Editor - Global Editions (Part Time)
4 days left
- Part Time
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
This role provides an opportunity to work with Pearson's latest digital products, and will involve planning, specifying, researching, commissioning, developing, managing, and testing assigned Higher Education and Professional media projects. Projects will include assessment-based instructional content and tutorials, Web-based videos and audios, and mobile applications.
Candidate in this role will work closely with colleagues in Editorial, Production, Marketing, Sales, and Technology around the world.
Please note this is a part time opportunity up to 21 hours per week.
- Working with the editorial and media production teams to develop programmes and services consistent with market needs.
- Coordinating content acquisition for media projects, including sourcing and commissioning media content authors / SMEs and coordinating book-content production schedules with media schedules.
- Assessing and preparing content for assigned digital products including in-house development if required and coordinating SME reviews.
- Providing a thorough QA of all media projects to ensure all work is of a high standard. Resolving any queries arising from QA.
- Overseeing work undertaken by vendors, content writers, proofreaders, accuracy checkers, SMEs and other third parties.
- Ensuring an efficient project handover to the media production team, monitoring schedules and deliverables.
- Managing schedules and budgets to ensure projects are delivered on time and not exceeding budgets.
- Ensuring all digital access cards are published on time to meet global market expectations: requesting ISBNs, ensure SMS is set-up, submitting and reviewing templates and tracking printing and shipping schedules.
- Monitoring platforms and advising on retirement dates of older Global Edition courses. Working with media production/marketing/inventory to ensure courses are retired, packs and access cards are up-to-date, and the market is aware of any changes.
- Working with our marketing team to provide detailed and accurate course descriptions, features and benefits to use in internal and external promotional material.
- Maintaining systems and trackers as required.
Pearson is an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants and select the best person for each job based on relevant skills and experience.
We are also committed to building an accurate picture of the make-up of the workforce and encouraging equality and diversity.
The information you provide will stay confidential, and be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Candidates in this role are likely to have an undergraduate/postgraduate degree, higher education or Web publishing experience, a record of accomplishment, and the ability to demonstrate the right qualities to take on this exciting role, including:
- awareness of, and interest in, technology and application development, the World Wide Web, learning management systems, and educational publishing
- excellent communication skills and an aptitude for building personal networks and strong working relationships
- attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- a strong interest in higher education, education trends and instructional technology, and the ability to see and act upon business opportunities as they emerge