Head of Performance and Risk Framework
We are looking for:
This is a 18 month fixed term contract to cover a period of maternity leave.
The post holder will be responsible for implementing the appropriate performance and risk frameworks to provide the control environment required of the 1st line of defence, working collaboratively with colleagues in the 2nd and 3rd line functions.
The post holder will need to create an appropriate control environment that is balanced with the pursuit of opportunities to take forward the Directorates business plan targets. This will involve establishing a Watch List and a Near Miss Register, and appropriate thresholds and tolerances for performance and risk escalation. The post holder will be responsible for implementing a robust performance regime to standardise reporting arrangements and establish a process for requesting any reports outside of this regime.
Our successful candidate will:
1. Establish and maintain the Development Performance Management Framework to establish a clear regime for the provision of management information to appropriate governance forums and senior management, and the process for requesting additional reports/information, continually reviewing the reporting obligations of the Development business. Ensure that the Performance Management Framework aligns to the Risk Framework, particularly in relation to the outputs that result from the Performance Management control measures, and the validation of these outputs.
2. Work with 2nd line to implement the Development Risk Framework, including continuing to review the Risk Appetite Statement, implementing KYC policy, and developing appropriate RACAs, working collaboratively with colleagues in Risk, Finance and Performance.
3. Develop, roll-out and embed guidance that implements the frameworks, and is continually updated to reflect user feedback and changing operational circumstances.
4. Ensure that investment decisions are robust and underpinned by evidence, within risk appetite, are value for money and make a valuation contribute to achieving the Agency's KPIs
The skills we would like are:
1. Good understanding of performance management in the context of a portfolio of projects.
2. Good understanding of risk management, approaches, techniques.
3. Good understanding of the development business and its operations, the risks associated with its activity.
4. Excellent communications skills to explain and promote the performance and risk frameworks.