Part-time Customer Service Assistant - Night Tube
5 days left
- Part Time
Night Tube - Weekends - (Start time between 22:00pm & Midnight)
15 hours across Friday and Saturday nights
Transport for London leads the way as a unique public service – and it's a great place to develop your career. We treat our staff with the same commitment we give our customers; their satisfaction is a measure of our success.
If you get a real buzz from helping people and are passionate about assisting customers, come help us demonstrate that "every journey matters", and ensure that our customers remain at the centre of everything we do here at London Underground. Not only will you enjoy a highly competitive salary and benefits package – you will also be part of a team committed to exceptional service delivery.
We are looking for friendly, reliable, helpful people with outgoing personalities and a genuine passion for delivering outstanding customer service. We are looking for confident people who can quickly take in information about our services, become experts on their local working areas and promote a positive image at all times.
This position is on Friday and Saturday nights, working 15 hours per week. Start time between 22:00-00:00. This could be at any location in London. Please be aware that you cannot take up this role and work in another capacity on Friday or Saturday as this contravenes safety / working time regulations.
To deliver exceptional service to all London Underground customers, providing assistance according to all customer needs including ticketing and enquiries. You will be our public face: proactively approaching customers who may need help purchasing tickets, advising them on their journeys with real time information whilst providing a welcoming presence throughout the station.
- Customer service: deliver world-class service by actively providing assistance to customers, including those with special requirements, with service information, help and advice on ticketing.
- Ticketing: provide active support and advice to customers at Ticket machines including the use of staff-enabled functionality. Float, service and consolidate cash from ticket machines where directed.
- Incidents and emergencies: assist to ensure the safety of customers and staff, and to restore service as quickly as possible, in line with London Underground's rules and procedures (as directed).
- Station support: support the smooth operation of the station environment. This could include carrying out checks, taking steps to alleviate congestion, prevent overcrowding and assisting customer flow and evacuation where necessary. Resolve local issues or report faults as required.
London Underground benefits include
- Free travel for you on all services owned by TfL
- 14 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata of 7 weeks)
- 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- Final salary pension scheme
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
To be eligible for this vacancy, you should
- Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK
- If you have a visa then it should be valid for at least 6 months from 23rd September 2019
- Be able to work any day including any relevant public holidays
- Be able to work in any location covered by the London Underground Network.
You will be assigned to an Area within a Cover Group and could be required to work at any of the number of stations within that Cover Group. Area’s can be anywhere covered by the London Underground Network.
This recruitment campaign is to recruit to a waitlist for permanent opportunities as they arise. We will be offering roles on an ongoing basis over the next year.
Please be aware – we are going to be advertising for full time Customer Service Assistants on the 27 September 2019. You cannot apply for both Night Tube CSA and Full Time CSA roles. If you would like to apply for the CSA full time role, please do so when the role is open and do not apply for the Night Tube CSA role. If you are unsuccessful in either campaign, you will not be considered for the other.
Please note: Due to the expected high response to these vacancies we reserve the right to close this campaign once we have a suitable pool of applicants, which could be prior to the published application closing date.
To apply please click on the apply button to visit our website.
Closing date: Monday 21 October 2019 @ 23:59.
TfL aspires to be as diverse as the city we serve and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.