Senior Freedom of Information Officer - opportunity for remote-working
There are opportunities for limited remote working, as we work predominantly through online systems, though the successful candidate will work predominantly from our Whitehall office.
The role will include:
- Managing the process of handling FOI requests in the Department ensuring timely compliance with the legislation.
- Developing and promoting full use of the Department’s case management system to enable an effective process and ensure accurate reporting.
- Conducting internal reviews of the Department’s responses, assessing whether the original response was correct.
- Investigating and producing written responses to complaints made to the Information Commissioner.
- Building and managing relationships with stakeholders, providing expert and consistent advice.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop organisational and management skills as well as strategic thinking in a fast moving environment supporting high profile work in a varied role.
The roles entails opportunities for self-development, including those which will enable you to gain a wider understanding of the EU exit policy making process and the broader work being undertaken on this matter both at DExEU and across Government.
You may be required to carry out other tasks, at grade, but not explicitly mentioned above, as part of your role.
We are a flexible and disability confident employer.