Senior Partnership and Business Development Manager
To drive Homes England’s mission and objectives across the country and be the front door for partners to access Homes England skills and products through the development and ownership of a single pipeline of activity. The post holder will be part of a high performing team of delivery and strategy experts in building and managing relationships in priority places. The postholder will work as part of multi-disciplinary teams to unlock land and enable access to financial tools and mechanisms that encourage the delivery of housing across local markets that would not otherwise happen; working to help shape some of the agency's largest and most complex projects, aligning activity across products, programmes and directorates to support integrated delivery. They will develop deep relationships with local partners to identify opportunities for intervention and unblock problems.
1. Work alongside Investment and Development colleagues to create, discover and make opportunities to increase housing supply that wouldn’t otherwise happen to building a long term pipeline of investable opportunities.
2. Participate in a problem solving approach, working collaboratively internally and externally to overcome barriers to growth, leveraging convening power to bring together local authorities, markets and partners. Ensure that Homes England utilises its full range of funding, products and skills to deliver a holistic package of intervention in places and markets.
3. Develop and deepen relationships with local partners in priority housing markets to act as conduit between Homes England and key partner agencies, influencing key decisions and leveraging relationships to generate new business opportunities.
4. Work as part of multi-disciplinary teams, drawing relevant skills and expertise from across the agency to drive progress in complex, long term projects and enable development in priority places.
1. Significant experience in housing policy or development, property development, town planning, or economic development sectors is essential and an awareness and understanding of the key current Government policies and priories on housing and the contribution of Homes England to delivering these.
2. Strong track record of delivering results through negotiation with multiple stakeholders and meeting expectations of organisations with differing priorities.
3. Demonstrate a commitment to Learning and Development to both self and teams.
Working Flexibly - At Homes England we have a strong culture of flexible working and encourage all employees to have a healthy work/life balance. We offer a wide range of potential working patterns, including part time, job share and compressed hours.
These need to be balanced with business needs so they will vary from job to job. If you would like to know more please speak to the Recruiting Manager once you're contacted to discuss the position.