Legal Administrator - flexible working options
An impactful opportunity has arisen to join Aviva’s in-house legal team Aviva Legal Services (ALS) on a full time, permanent basis in our Dublin office.
We are recruiting for experienced Legal Administrators for this team. Ideally, you will have a background in a well-recognised law firm or appropriate in-house experience, specifically focusing on litigation – and defence experience would be great to see as well.
Our team is growing and as a result we need support to provide the quality and dedication our team are known for. On an ongoing basis, the work of ALS will be document heavy and quick turnaround time is essential – these roles will be directly involved in this.
The appropriate candidate should have experience in providing support to a number of solicitors, word processing and document management. As the ALS team grows in Dublin, we believe this is a phenomenal opportunity to further grow your legal career and take the next steps.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
* Disciplined administrative / documents support (dictation typing)
* Storing and saving of precedent material on internal legal database
* Amending, formatting, creating red-line or track changes versions of documents
* Expenses recording
* Document Management on our case management system (training provided)
* Preparing briefs instructing barristers, engineers and doctors
* Arranging meeting rooms, conference calls and travel arrangements when required
* Arrange filing of legal documents in Court
* Management of diaries/inboxes
Skills & Experience required:
* Commercial legal administration experience with a focus on litigation
* Knowledge of legal defence systems would be an advantage
* Excellent people and customer-facing skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint is needed
* A high degree of flexibility and self-motivation – proactive in new working environments
Fitness and Probity
This is a Regulated Role and will be subject to enhanced pre-employment screening procedures. There will be an ongoing requirement for the role holder to maintain fit and proper status.
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (Some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities.
Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online