Company Secretarial Assistant - flexible working options
Aviva is now hiring for a Company Secretarial Assistant for our London office.
The position is a stimulating mix of company secretary responsibilities and board support work – looking after our Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) who hold company boards. This position reports directly to our UK Insurance (UKI) Company Secretary working as part of a growing and dynamic team. We’re proud of how this team provides regular support and progression in the wider company secretary team.
The Company Secretarial function is a core Aviva team providing high quality company secretarial support and advice to the Aviva plc board and board committees. The function is also responsible for compliance with applicable corporate law and regulation - and for setting, implementing and enforcing governance and standard methodology policies and procedures throughout the Group.
In addition to this role, there are a variety of other company secretary roles available in Aviva currently, so please see if there are other opportunities that appeal to you.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Providing support to the UK Life and General Insurance Company Secretarial team in the delivery of timely and accurate company secretarial/corporate governance services
* Providing additional support for the UK Life Board and Committee meetings
* Liaise with paper authors to ensure papers are submitted on time and in an accurate format
* Involvement in directors’ induction process and ongoing training including
* Developing tailored annual engagement plans for NEDs following their annual appraisal to maintain that the ongoing development needs of NEDs continue to be met
* Maintenance and management of the directors’ registers including leading all aspects of and monitoring of directors’ biographies and the conflicts of interest register
* Maintain and manage board procedures and policies
* Involvement in delivering the Group’s General Meetings (including for both the AGM and GMs) including engagement with all internal and external business partners to ensure that the AGM is managed efficiently and within agreed timescales
* Working collaboratively with other Company Secretarial teams to ensure resources are allocated to the highest priority activities
What skills and experiences are we looking for?
* Studying for the ICSA qualification/ICSA qualified or equivalent with appropriate practical experience
* Previous corporate company secretarial experience
* Knowledge of company law and administration and corporate governance
* Computer literacy and a good knowledge of relevant software (Blueprint and Diligent)
* Highly organised with the skills to prioritise workload and deal with conflicting priorities
* Excellent attention to detail and co-ordination skills
* Strong networking and relationship management skills
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* The ability to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online