Part-time Clerical Assistant
Our flexible working environment
The ideal candidate for the Clerical Assistant role will be someone who is looking for flexible working with a total of 16 hours per week.
Where we are based
Leading London Solicitors based in Euston and Operating from modern central London premises, Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors has a national reputation as well as first-class IT facilities.
A little more about us
Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors was founded in 1977 by Henry Hodge, Peter Jones & Patrick Allen with offices on Camden High Street. To this day the firm remains committed to providing first-class legal help to individuals and organisations alike, based on a strong set of ethical values that permeate throughout the firm.
Our philosophy has always been to enable individuals to have access to justice where otherwise they might be denied it and this ethos remains as strong today as it did back then.
At Hodge Jones & Allen Solicitors we actively promote equality and diversity in the workplace. We’re committed to creating an environment where people are respected as individuals and everyone is treated fairly, equally and with attention, courtesy and respect. The firm ensure that employment opportunities are open and accessible to all on individual qualities and personal merit.
The role will report into Senior Partner’s Personal Assistant
Duties will vary in importance and priority, as directed by the Senior Partner’s PA, depending on circumstances and the needs of the business at any particular time, but will include the following key responsibilities:
▪ Assisting the Senior Partner’s PA in all aspects of her duties, as required
▪ Dealing with clients over the telephone
▪ Taking telephone messages
▪ Arranging appointments, conferences and training
▪ Printing relevant documents
▪ Ensuring case files are organised appropriately and updated in a timely manner
▪ Updating electronic case files using Proclaim case management system
▪ Photocopying, scanning and collation of documents (including enclosures and Instructions to Counsel)
▪ Preparing bundles of documents
▪ Collating and paginating
▪ Assisting fee earners with administrative duties
▪ Assisting with mail and DX as required
▪ Other general administrative, filing and routine tasks as required
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
▪ Computer literate with good keyboard skills
▪ Proficient with Microsoft, including Word and Excel
▪ Being organised and able to manage conflicting priorities
▪ Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
▪ Have a practical approach to problem solving
▪ Able to work on own initiative as well as work in a team
▪ Have a flexible approach with a client focus