Part-time Administrator and Cultural Development Officer - 3 days a week with flexible working hours
Part-time role, approximately 3 days or 24 hours per week based in Farringdon, London.
Noël Coward Estate
As part of our recent expansion, two exciting roles have been created by the Noël Coward Estate for its charitable arms, the Noël Coward Archive Trust (NCAT) and the Noël Coward Foundation (NCF). The Noël Coward Archive Trust (NCAT) works to extend the public’s knowledge of Noël Coward’s life and work.
The roles will complement each other and work together to generate as much creative and educational energy as possible around Noël Coward’s extensive archive; the charitable activity of the Foundation; and the opportunities offered by worldwide professional productions of Coward’s work.
They are based at the office of Alan Brodie Representation (ABR), a busy and friendly boutique dramatic literary agency. Alongside representing many significant dramatic writers, ABR manages Coward’s Estate and hosts the Noël Coward Room & Library.
About the role:
You will work closely with Alan Brodie and his team in planning your activities and the right person will be encouraged to shape this role into an exciting, integral part of the Noël Coward Estate’s activities.
Tasks and responsibilities will include;
- Developing creative learning projects for both theatre industry and cultural heritage participants;
- Organising and delivering workshops, events and exhibitions; and building connections with drama schools, conservatoires and a wide range of arts organisations. There will also be opportunities to write articles for our in-house magazine and other publications.
The ideal candidate will be:
- deeply interested in theatre
- experienced in working at an arts organisation in a public-facing role
- a welcoming and enthusiastic guide for visitors
- an organised self-starter with leadership abilities
- computer literate with excellent writing skills
- eager to join a small, friendly company and to work closely with the rest of the agency team
Other desirable areas of experience would be in any of the following: theatre production; fundraising; exhibition curation; and further education.
Deadline: Friday 25th October 2019