Security Risk Specialist - flexible working options
A phenomenal opportunity has arisen for a Security Risk Specialist to join The CISO GRC Team (Chief Information Security Office Governance Risk and Controls) within Aviva.
The CISO GRC team has recently been introduced with a mandate to lead on and provide a centre of excellence for all Cyber Governance, Risk, Assurance and Standards & Controls disciplines across Aviva globally.
The Security Risk Specialist will support development & maintenance of the Security Risk framework and associated documentation in accordance with the operational risk and controls management framework (ORCM).
The location of this role is flexible and will require some travel to various other office locations across the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Produce timely and accurate management findings to ensure that senior leaders have meaningful and relevant risk data.
* Coordinate CISO risk management commitments, ensuring enterprise risk & control goals are met.
* Support the globalisation of CISO Risk Framework and embedding this within local markets.
* Ensure all CISO personnel are adequately trained in company risk management principles (ORCM), processes and tooling (Archer and iCARE).
* Support the adoption of an end to end risk lifecycle and providing the necessary support and guidance to facilitate this within the organisation.
* Guide the business on the requirements for completing business impact assessments and Information Security Risk Assessments (ISRA).
* Conduct periodic reviews of risk assessments and compliance activities to determine process improvements and quality check the outputs.
* Handle information-security issues and provide advice, support and direction to the business.
* Communicate with stakeholders to ensure they understand their risks and the corporate mechanisms for managing and escalating them.
Skills & Experience required:
* Broad experience of security management concepts built up over time in dedicated technical or security roles.
* Working knowledge of risk management practices including control frameworks, risk registers, risk reporting, governance structures and security standards.
* Experience of working independently to solve problems, design solutions and drive change. Must be comfortable working with and presenting to senior stakeholders.
* Knowledge of Cyber governance processes and practices, including ISMS monitoring and control frameworks such as ISO, ISF, NIST and COBIT, their relationships to other frameworks, and their application within a financial services/insurance environment or other highly regulated industry.
What will you get for this role?
* Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees:
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button.
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE.
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential).
Please apply through the website.