Board Secretary - full-time flexible working options
Aviva now has an external opportunity to bring in a Broad Secretary in our board and committee support team. The role report directly to our Senior Chartered Secretary in the London office.
The role is varied with lots of engagement with Independent Non-Executive Directors (INED) and an emphasis on communication and professional integrity to regulated boards – representing the best of Aviva and it’s legal and co-sec teams.
The main purpose of this role is to provide support in respect of the company secretarial services provided across Aviva Investors, with a focus on key entities including Aviva Investors Holdings Limited and Aviva Investors Global Services Limited as well as assisting with ad hoc project work.
Key responsibilities will be around Board & Committee Support, INED Support and Fees, year-end declarations, and project work (small-scale projects and well-defined major projects). Some of these responsibilities include:
* Setting specific board/committee meeting dates on an annual basis, recording these in our Company Secretarial diary and communicating dates to relevant attendees via meeting invites as well as booking/managing meeting rooms and refreshment requirements in advance
* Ensuring that all relevant AI board/committee minutes are signed/scanned and saved
* Collating/reviewing and uploading (via Diligent) board & committee papers
* Setting reporting deadlines and monitoring/chasing the submission of reports in a timely manner
* Coordinating travel arrangements
* Undertaking factual research for more senior team members
* Assisting with the onboarding of new INEDs from an administrative point of view
* Coordinating the year-end/half year declarations process, with the provision of the Fitness & Propriety (F&P) packs
* Assist the Senior Chartered Company Secretary with the coordination of Director Training and Inductions
We are looking for someone with robust commercial experience in these areas who is interested in taking the step to cement a Company Secretary career in the insurance industry, and Aviva fully supports trainee pathways. Also, there are a variety of company secretary roles available in Aviva now, so please see if there are other roles that appeal to you.
What will you get for this role?
* A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the well-being of our employees!
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social well-being.
Here are just a few highlights:
* The ability to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE!
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential).
Please apply through the website.