Scrub Practitioner | Theatre | Equivalent Band 5/6 | Leeds | Flexible hours, Training & Development
Spire Leeds has a fantastic opportunity for a Scrub Nurse to work within our experienced and dynamic Theatre team.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, just ten minutes from Leeds City Centre and has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region's largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with. We are going through a period of exciting change at Spire Leeds, continuing to invest in our people to ensure our patients receive the highest standards of care.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful Nurse will assist in Consultant led surgeries that vary in complexity and specialism. As a Theatre Nurse you will assess patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload and develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway and perioperative risks.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Scrub Nurse to utilise their PACU skills or would like to be trained in this area. We encourage our theatre staff to develop their skills in all areas of theatre.
Who we're looking for
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- Have a minimum of 6 months post-grad experience in Scrub.
- Have been employed in a Surgical/Theatre setting
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (this increases to 35 on 1st January 2020)
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 100 retailers
- Free annual Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and a Specialist Cancer Care Centre across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please click apply and you will receive a call from Grace Little.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.