Trading Underwriter - flexible working options
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic Commercial Mid Market Trading Underwriter to bolster our growing London business.
London is a key trading location with 3 SME teams. This vacancy has become available due to growing ambitions. We are looking for a dynamic, experienced trader with good industry knowledge and a track record of winning business. The role is Broker facing so relationship skills are essential.
We have 3 trading teams with a mix of youth and experience. The appointment will strengthen the London City team.
Aligned to a portfolio of customers/brokers, proactively developing the commercial book of business, to deliver our purpose.
Responsible for underwriting profitable business whilst operating within agreed guidelines and authority level.
Understands and acts on the demand into the team, proactively identifying ways to improve the system.
Operates from the most appropriate location to meet business needs in line with customer demand (i.e. branch, home or broker location)
Contributes in delivering team and wider business goals. Actively pursues the Aviva strategy
Drives own development to enhance individual and team performance
Uses a network of relevant stakeholders, to deliver the widest proposition appropriate to the customer. Increases our product density.
* Develops, builds and strengthens relationships with aligned customers/brokers, providing technical support and assistance and dealing with all queries
* Understands what matters to the customer/broker and how that fits with our plans and strategies
* Maintains visibility in the marketplace
* Proactively understands the customer and their needs
* Provides the right solution for the customer at the right time, through the life cycle of the relationship
* Pulls on the right people to deliver the best outcome
* Develops an expertise where necessary to meet customer demand
* Makes the right underwriting decisions, reflecting our strategy and the customer/broker value
* Plans and handles own/team workflow to meet broker demand
* Works independently, within underwriting authority, conferring where appropriate more technical and complex risks to colleagues who can add value
* Understands the purpose, measures of the system and other data, and uses them to improve things for the customer to eliminate waste
* Takes ownership, is open and honest and challenges for the good of the customer
* Secures new business by pro-actively and continually prospecting new customers
* Identifies and implements in a timely manner required improvements to underwriting quality and capability
Regulatory and Conduct
* Keeps customers at the heart of all key decisions ensuring all of our customers receive a good outcome however they interact with us
* Supports leaders in the identification of all breaches and risk events so that these are managed appropriately
* Manages customer complaints in line with agreed process
What will you get for this role?
* Salary in the range £35,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience.
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme.
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review.
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days.
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
We care about the wellbeing of our employees:
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button.
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE.
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online.