Claims Assessor - flexible working options
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting for Claims Assessors within our Group Income Protection Claims Team based in Eastleigh.
Your purpose will be to support our corporate customers with their absent employee’s. In doing this you will liaise with both the corporate company and their employee. The support you provide may be pre-absence, during absence, during return to work, or throughout longer term or permanent absences and may take the guise of telephony support, arranging treatment, assessing a claim for benefit or all of the above.
Many of the absences you manage will be complex, sensitive and require high levels of empathy; the nature of our work means that you are often supporting individuals that are undergoing treatment, financial difficulties and sometimes life-changing circumstances. You will need excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrate the ability to communicate decisions in a clear and compassionate manner, whilst also recognising the terms of the contract.
We are looking for adaptable and hardworking individuals who are capable of providing the kind of customer happiness we can be proud of.
You will manage your own portfolio of claims, providing support and continuity of care for both Employer and Employees. You will be encouraged to collaborate with a team of peers to ensure the best outcomes for the customer using a multidisciplinary approach; including rehabilitation, motivational interviewing, case management, claims assessment and relationship management.
Training will be fully supported within an experienced team on both a 1:1 basis and through peer coaching. Learning is continuous and a range of developmental courses are provided both in house and externally.
Working hours are 8:30 – 16:00 / 9:30 – 17:00, Monday – Friday.
* Manage and develop a relationship with our corporate customers, brokers/IFAs, third parties, suppliers and other areas of the business; with the potential of face to face visits
* Manage a portfolio of new and review cases; providing a full rehab and claims support where appropriate; pulling on expert support where required
* Request and interpret medical, financial and occupational information, as necessary to provide the right support at the right time
* Provide an outstanding standard of customer service, both written and via the telephone
Skills & Experience required
* Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent
* Experience of working within the insurance sector is desirable, although not essential
* Proven track record in successfully managing relationships with customers or suppliers, again desirable but not essential
* Excellent telephony capability
* An understanding of how health, social and economical issues might influence an individuals response to illness and the course of their recovery
* Good judgement and decision making skills; confidently able to explain reasoning behind decisions and negotiate with customers
* Ability to analyse evidence and take appropriate action
* Proven ability to work on own and as part of a team
* Good planning, negotiation and organisational/time management skills
* Flexibility, resilience and desire for continuous personal development in an environment of healthy and appropriate challenge
What will you get for this role?
* Salary of £18,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review
* Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family.
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
We care about the wellbeing of our employees
How you feel at home, work and all aspects of your life are important to us. Our programme – ‘Be Healthy’, ‘Be Mindful’, ‘Be Secure’ and ‘Be Awesome’ supports your physical, mental, financial and social wellbeing.
Here are just a few highlights:
* You’ll be able to download Aviva Digital GP - a 24/7 personal GP service that enables you to get a video consultation with a GP and pharmacy service at the touch of a button
* We offer all UK employees subscriptions to Headspace for FREE
* We have subsidised 70% off the normal gym membership prices, meaning for a reduced monthly fee you will have access to a wide range of fitness venues
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are shaping an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability, (As defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you must provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.