Friendly Christmas market sales people wanted! (Exeter OR Winchester) flexible working hours
2 days left
Hours are flexible (see market opening hours below). Hourly pay between £10.50 and £12.50 based on experience + good bonus based on overall market sales.
THE ROLE We’re looking for two or more bright, friendly sales people to help set up and run our Christmas market stalls this year in Winchester and Exeter. These are well established Christmas markets in lovely locations and it's great fun to be a part them. It’s a great chance to make a big impact for a small, fun business, and for you too - there's a tiered bonus scheme for hitting sales targets on top of hourly pay.
ABOUT US Strumpshaw, Tincleton & Giggleswick’s Marvellous Maps - or Marvellous Maps for short - design and publish entertaining and inspiring maps celebrating Britain’s best bits. We're a small business that loves to entertain people, liven up walls and inspire great adventures. Find out more at marvellousmaps.com.
- Helping set up / dismantle the stall at the start and end of the market (see dates below)
- Fostering good relationships with the market organisers, fellow stall-holders, security people - everyone, basically!
- Offering a warm welcome to customers / visitors to the stall and helping them understand the product range, which maps are best suited to them or their recipient, etc
- Taking payments and managing cash
- Managing stock and supplies
- Keeping the stall looking good and well-organised at all times
- Keeping the team up to date, flagging / helping resolve any issues and contributing ideas for increasing sales
- Being friendly and cheery even on the cold, wet days (heater provided!)
- Retail sales / customer-facing experience
- Experience of managing cash, stock and supplies
- A positive, friendly personality and (of course!) a good sense of humour
- Bonus if you've a curious mind and a general love of travel, adventure and the Great British outdoors
Dates (note that training and market set-up will occur a few days before the markets open):
- Winchester: Thursday 21st November – Sunday 22nd December (hours Sun - Weds 10am - 6.30pm, Thu - Sat 10am - 8pm)
- Exeter: Saturday 16th November - Thursday 19th December (hours Mon - Weds 10am - 7pm, Thu - Sat 10am - 9pm, Sun 11am - 7pm)
APPLICATION DETAILS please include a short (ideally 1-page) CV and a brief note saying why you're keen to join us and what you'd bring to the party (aside from a warm coat, although that is important!)
Although this is a short-term gig, ultimately we're looking for at least one hire to join us in a longer-term sales role (part-time), so let us know during the application if that's of interest.
Apply for Friendly Christmas market sales people wanted! (Exeter OR Winchester) flexible working hours
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly