Shirley Dunne joined FirstPort after taking a break to raise her children. She says "My day starts by checking on residents, checking everything is okay in the building, responding to any email and messages and following up any outstanding works. You need to be caring, understanding and patient. FirstPort was very flexible for me. It's a very enjoyable role and I thoroughly enjoy my job."
The hours our Visiting Development Managers work are Mon-Fri only and flexible depending upon location - from 20 hours to 35 hours per week, part-time or job share, the opportunities are varied and you won't be required to work any unsociable hours or weekends.
It’s not just our customers that are important to us – our people are too. That’s why we make sure that your hard work will be fully rewarded with opportunities to build and develop your career, learn new skills and gain external qualifications, as well as with a pay and benefits package that matches your effort and commitment.
We take pride in providing all colleagues with the support and tools they need to do their job well, from the latest technology, apps and software to an intranet full of useful tips, information and contacts, leaders who can support and develop their teams.
So, whether you're looking for a career with opportunities to develop, a great pension, or a working environment where you can learn at your own pace, you’ll find it right here.
We're incredibly proud of our people, and the culture we've created. We’ve built an energetic, progressive and fun place to work. It’s the kind of environment where our values are important and our people are a priority - just one of the reasons we were named as one of the UK's Top Employers this year. We are one of only 90 companies to be given this prestigious certification by the Top Employers Institute, and are the only organisation in the property management sector to receive the status this year.
At FirstPort, we make sure all of our customers can enjoy their homes; they have come from all kinds of backgrounds, have lived all kinds of lives, and have all kinds of stories to tell.
Our people are just as diverse as our customers, bringing an incredible mix of experience, expertise, skills, and ideas to our business.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and recruit and promote based on objective criteria. The bottom line is that you can expect to be treated with respect. After all, it is one of our values.
You will be:
- Providing great customer service to all residents and contractors.
- Managing the development and maintaining the high site standards by ensuring all Health and Safety checks are completed.
- Administrating all records and finances for the development.
This role reports to the Area Manager and may, in some developments, manage a small team.
- Checking the welfare of residents on a daily basis and be their first port of call for any enquiries they may have. This will include supporting a Residents Association, if one is present.
- Completing Health and Safety checks and risk assessments and ensuring all recommended actions are completed within the deadline provided.
- Maintaining site standards; including communal lounges, the guest suite and all gardens and grounds.
- Monitoring finances and raising invoices when required.
- Liaising with contractors to ensure all works are completed in a safe and timely manner, while continuing communication with residents.
- Assisting colleagues from Retirement HomeSearch with the selling of resident’s flats.
- Coordinating with Appello-Careline during emergencies.
- Have a clear understanding of the developments lease, and be vigilant of any breaches. Escalate accordingly to the area manager and keeping in line with all procedures.
It would be great if you had experience in:
- A customer-facing environment and a strong passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Complying with health and safety and completing risk assessments.
- Handling budgets and administrating invoices.
- Coordinating projects with contractors or suppliers.
- A caring nature, able to provide empathy while being professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
We look out for people’s best interests, and show them we care by dealing with them in a warm and friendly manner.
We strive to improve what we do, so we can provide the best ideas and solutions to look after people, their homes and communities.
We listen to people’s opinions and needs. We understand the importance of home and community in people’s lives, and act with respect at all times.
We’ve the qualifications, experience and pride in our work to consistently deliver the highest standards and value for money.
We’re always professional, reliable, open and honest. People can depend on us to keep promises and follow our commitments.
If you'd like to learn more about this role, we'd love to hear from you
Apply for Visiting Development Manager - Independent Living sites
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly